BREAKING NEWS: Holiday Cheer

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
sealhall74

BREAKING: NCAA forces BYU to vacate their 6th Fan Contest winnings as punishment for their actions at conclusion of the Miami Beach Bowl. Western Illinois University and the real best fans now destined to receive the Cougar $100K prize money. ;)

Merry Christmas and much cheer to Leatherneck Nation this holiday season and whether win, lose, or draw, may 2015 be a year for all of us to hold dear in our hearts!
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU0812

Is there an article or announcement somewhere that you can link to? I was unable to find any info other than there was a fight after game.
sealhall74

WIU0812 wrote:Is there an article or announcement somewhere that you can link to? I was unable to find any info other than there was a fight after game.
812, I regret you took it that seriously. It is solely my own holiday wish. Don't count on the NCAA doing something that righteous.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

It'd be nice, but yea...the NCAA doesn't really do that kind of stuff. If the fight was really bad, they might suspend specific players who would be coming back next year for a few games or something (or a season...or even permanent ban depending on severity of the situation). They wouldn't really get into taking away $ from an online contest where the money was given to a school's scholarship fund.

I will admit, you did have me going for a minute or two when I first read that (so don't feel bad 812).

My thought process was kinda like:
"holy crap...really?.....no....wait.....NCAA wouldn't do that.......would they?...it'd be awesome if they did...but.....searching google....searching espn.....searching cougarboards.....no mention of it.....yea, he's just messing with us.....nuts"
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

It had to be the word "vacate" that really got you going, right? Not sure I used it properly, but it sure sounded good at the time.
letsgonecks

Ha.....Seal!!!!!!!!!!! I too was duped and super excited. I thought, they haven't been awarded the money yet? Perftect timing!!!!!

Would have been nice, the NCAA could have sent WIU a check and they could have doubled down on tonights game at Memphis. They're getting 18 points right now. Have Ray Liotta as Henry Hill offer some of their players a percentage of that to shave some points.......still have the recent 30 for 30 in my head!!!!!!
Tere North

Drats, and I was so hoping it was real!
Western_101

Seal, kinda Douchish Brother.
sealhall74

RedNeck wrote:Seal, kinda Douchish Brother.
I agree. But the Big Mac hoax was already taken (and I fell for it).
wiu712

There was a video board used at Saturday's graduation. Is that the one from Hanson Field or ????