BREAKING NEWS: Holiday Cheer

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
WIU0812

I thought that was just a projection screen? Definitely could be wrong, but hopefully they are up by end of season and that means next season they will be good to go.
wiu712

WIU0812 wrote:I thought that was just a projection screen?
That's probably what it was - not the video board from Hanson Field.
Western_101

Merry Christmas 'NeckNation!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Merry Christmas everyone (and Happy Holidays if you celebrate something else).
I think it's been a pretty good year for Leatherneck Nation overall.

We've got the new site...it's not perfect, but it's a lot better than the one we had, and we have much more control over it. For example...I've "decked the halls" for the occasion (see the logo at the top of the page)...couldn't do that with the old site.
The ad at the top of some of the pages now covers the cost of hosting, so it's essentially free (minus the time I put into it).
We're now up to 108 members, averaging 11.85 posts per day, and we average just over 53k pageviews per month.

We've got a great community of Leatherneck fans, alums, family members, with a few conference-mate fans in the mix too, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

Again, thanks for being a part of the Leatherneck Nation community, and I hope you all have Happy Holidays.

[youtube][/youtube]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Happy New Year! Leatherneck Nation. This also happens to be yet another Throwback Thursday, so here is what I dug up from the WIU Sports Collection: A 1974 football program. Kind of strange to be looking at something on the computer that I probably had in my hands some 40 years ago.

http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/c ... =715&REC=7

My favorite pages:

1) Page 0 - Shlitz "Tackle Some Gusto" ad - now I know why football games were so much fun back then.
2) Page 28 - Dr. Singer working on the mosquito research project while smoking his pipe. Interesting reading. Wonder who offered up their panty hose for that effort. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.