CPA update!

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
Neckfansince71

Found this yesterday! Seems like things continue to move along!

http://www.telecomintel.com/bid-opportu ... enter.html

I would love to go to the prebid meeting on January 22nd but I don't think I am invited. Seems like the cost of the plan document is $750.00!

Let the fun begin! ;) jc
wiu1

jc,

You are welcome to come to the pre-bid. While it might not be the most interesting it is open and free to the public. The document cost is to buy the many thousands of pages of prints and specifications for the wonderful building.

It is very good to get the project moving.

wiu1.
Neckfansince71

I am sure that the construction document for the CPA is as thick as the Spring and Summer "Sears" catalog always was and will look as worn as the Christmas catalog when construction is complete. I made a couple of down and back trips to Macomb as a member of the Strategic Planning Committee and I just may make another on the 22nd as an interested alumni observer depending on the weather and my desire to push the travel envelop. How many prime contractor candidates do you think the project will have? ;) jc
Neckfansince71

So how will the new governor's freeze on non-essential spending effect CPA construction? Any thoughts? ;) jc
WIU0812

This could be very bad as he is also reviewing all contracts awarded back to November 1st which they have not even awarded this yet. I am not sure if he can pull out the money now, but it is to bad it did not bid last year. It will be an interesting first year for sure.
Neckfansince71

Whew!!! No worry, money is already in WIU's back pocket so things should go smoothly! ;) jc
Tere North

Back pockets are open access for pickpockets, so be careful WIU :roll:
WIU0812

Tere North wrote:Back pockets are open access for pickpockets, so be careful WIU :roll:
Agreed, I do not think WIU has any more than just something in writing that says they should get the building. I suspect that all of the invoices and payments will be made by the CDB through the state, which means if he is evaluating big spending areas this will be a heavily evaluated area. Seeing a nearly 70 million dollar building will definitely stick out when doing reviews. Though I am not huge into politics and do not know if he truly can do anything now that they are getting ready to sign a contract and will be awarding the work in around a month. I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best here is to keeping moving forward and that ever looming bid date that will decide who will be doing the work!
sealhall74

At the federal gov level, it is fairly common to have to go through a "protest" phase after the initial contract award. Does that happen at the state/public university level as well?
Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

Politicians can hold whatever they want hostage if they want to bad enough at any level. They just slip the funding into a bill for their agenda they want passed. We have been days away from being shut down on jobs that the money had already been released for and we were half way though them already.
#ALLIN #YOLO