Provost Hawkinson's new gig

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
LocalFan

Congratulations to Dr. Hawkinson!

Hawkinson Named Kutztown University President
March 17, 2015

HARRISBURG, PA -- The Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Board of Governors Chair Guido Pichini announced today (Tuesday, March 17) that the board has unanimously voted to select Ken Hawkinson, provost and academic vice president at Western Illinois University, as the 12th president of Kutztown University. Hawkinson will assume the presidency July 1.

In making the announcement, Pichini said, "Dr. Hawkinson has had a long and impressive academic career. Starting out as a member of the faculty, he rose through the ranks at Western Illinois to become a key member of the administration. With his knowledge and experience, we are confident he will be an excellent leader for Kutztown University."

The Board's action today comes at the conclusion of a national search for a successor to F. Javier Cevallos, who led the university for more than a decade before leaving last year to become president of Framingham State University in Framingham, Mass.

"It is an honor to be named the 12th president of Kutztown University. I look forward to this opportunity to move to the next stage of my career. My affiliation with Western Illinois University goes back nearly 40 years as I arrived at Western as a transfer student in 1976. I've learned so much during my years as a student, and later as a professor, chair, college administrator and provost. Western has prepared me well to move on to a presidency," Hawkinson said. "I will deeply miss my colleagues and friends, but I look forward to future visits back to Macomb and to WIU. I will always be grateful for the professional opportunities and personal relationships provided to me during my time at WIU."

See full story www.kutztown.edu.

"The selection of Provost Ken Hawkinson as president of Kutztown University clearly indicates the outstanding work he has done during his 28-year tenure at Western Illinois University," said WIU President Jack Thomas. "I would personally like to express my appreciation to Dr. Hawkinson for serving as my provost for the past four years. He has moved academic affairs forward and has worked tirelessly to ensure our students have the best academic programs and resources available. I am confident he will be successful as president at Kutztown."

Thomas stated that he would seek an individual to serve as provost on an interim basis until a national search can be conducted.

Posted By: WIU News (U-Relations@wiu.edu)
Tere North

It would be nice if the replacement were a more avid supporter of Athletics!