Campus Improvments - Western Hall

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
Neckfansince71

In the newspaper article they also said they had 1.6 in light/safety funds available. ;) jc
wiu712

WIU0812 wrote:It says they are shooting for $900,000 so I am assuming it wont be anything too crazy as that seems kinda low for replacement of 5000 seats and on the bottom all new supports and mechanisms. I figured it would be well over 1 million.
The Purple seats in the south balcony are relatively new in comparison to the rest of the seating at Western Hall. Perhaps those seats will not be replaced.

The "Western Courier" article mentioned that the existing seating in Western Hall would not pass a Life Safety Code inspection. I am guessing that one of the deficient areas would be the lack of hand rails in the aisles.

The absence of hand rails at the Hanson Field west grandstand is another area of concern. There are 25 rows of seats on the west side.

If we are going to re-configure the lobby and concession area at Western Hall, it would be nice to see the main entrance moved to the "East Arena" as this directly fronts the parking lot (Q-Lot).
sealhall74

Do they still have a swimming pool in Western Hall?
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:Do they still have a swimming pool in Western Hall?
The swimming pool is where it has always been. The entrance into the pool is through the Rec Center.
http://www.wiu.edu/student_services/cam ... uatics.php
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:Do they still have a swimming pool in Western Hall?
The swimming pool is where it has always been. The entrance into the pool is through the Rec Center.
http://www.wiu.edu/student_services/cam ... uatics.php
Thx. Next time I am in town, I am doing a day pass. Need to start working on the "Mile High Club". LOL
Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

Anybody heard /know anything more about this project? Are there renderings available for the public to view?

The Dijon mustard colored seating was not new when I was at Western in the mid 90's. This project is long overdue.
Tere North

Oddly, the purple seats on the upper south deck are essentially new, but not used.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Looks like they're supposed to show what it's going to look like today in the HOF room for Leatherneck Club members.
Anyone going to be at the game today able to take a photo or two and post them?

[tweet]701112812630888449[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

There were two seats on view. They looked similar in appearance to what we now have.

One of the seats had a padded cushion. I understood that these seats would be considered "Priority" and would be located in the area where Section D is.

The remaining seats will not be padded. So they will be similar in texture to what we now have.

The seats will be Purple in color. But the padded seats may be a different color.
Western_101

Good bye to the Ol' Mustard Chairs. Ye shan't be missed.