Campus Improvments - Western Hall

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
WIU0812

Looks like the SGA voted in favor of the Western Hall seating improvements. Probably see this start after season round April. Will be interesting to see design.
sealhall74

WIU0812 wrote:Looks like the SGA voted in favor of the Western Hall seating improvements. Probably see this start after season round April. Will be interesting to see design.
So is this a done deal (i.e to be funded with student dollars that they are in control of) or is this along the same lines of that bill they passed a couple years back simply RECOMMENDING that the state legislature give up the dollars to make the PAC happen?
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU0812

The post sounded like someone was presenting the plans to them for suggestions and approval which my guess means they will be using the student dollars for this. I could see using this money for the seats as Western Hall basically hosts all major student events.
Neckfansince71

So where did you see this? jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I've heard from another source that some type of redoing of the seating in Western Hall was brought up at last night's SGA meeting. I don't know if it was voted on, approved, or tabled for discussion though.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU0812

SGA has a twitter that I saw it on. They said on there on one tweet that they were hearing the proposal and then the next one said they voted unanimously in favor of it.
wiu712

Here is the story about the Western Hall bleachers from today's "Western Courier".
http://www.westerncourier.com/news/sga- ... 34264.html
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:Here is the story about the Western Hall bleachers from today's "Western Courier".
http://www.westerncourier.com/news/sga- ... 34264.html
I will never forget that hoops game I attended several years back. I always show up early to catch the pregame warmups so I was probably the first person to grab a seat on the north side. I grab the handrail and start heading up the stairs. The handrail pops loose and comes with me. The "Event Staff" gal was right there watching me and all she could do was come up with the prettiest darn smile on her face. That was a priceless moment. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

I will be very interested to see what they have in mind! Tommy talked about closing in the end zones and opening up the areas between the trophy cases on the north side which currently have athlete pics displayed. He also wanted to reconfigure the ticket office and concessions at the same time. MT is a facilities guy. He will get it done the right way for the money available! ;) jc
WIU0812

It says they are shooting for $900,000 so I am assuming it wont be anything to crazy as that seems kinda low for replacement of 5000 seats and on the bottom all new supports and mechanisms. I figured it would be well over 1 million.