Seen at movie theater in Joliet

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

So, I was visiting family in the Chicago Suburbs this last weekend and a bunch of us went to see Star Wars in a movie theater in Joliet.
In the pre-movie ads....I happened to see this:

Just thought it was unexpected and kinda cool, especially since 4 out of the 5 of us either attended or work at Western.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

Saw the same thing at the Danada AMC Theaters on 12/26! The university ala Brad Bainter has had these shown in the suburban area in the past, but not just before the movie started like this time! A full house got to hear all about "Leatherneck Nation!" Call me purple and proud! ;) jc
wiu712

There were 2 Western promotional messages at the Rialto before "Star Wars".
sealhall74

Pick up an extra PowerBall ticket or two today. $500M will cure whatever ails you (West Side Fever, NewArenaItus, etc.).
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:Pick up an extra PowerBall ticket or two today. $500M will cure whatever ails you (West Side Fever, NewArenaItus, etc.).
Minus about 50% for taxes, you've got ~$250M.

Invest a good chunk of that so you can just live off the interest, then toss maybe $80M-$100M at the university...that should cover most of a new west side for the football stadium and a new basketball arena.
Of course, I'd probably want to set aside a couple million $ for a marching band practice facility too ;)
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:Pick up an extra PowerBall ticket or two today. $500M will cure whatever ails you (West Side Fever, NewArenaItus, etc.).
Minus about 50% for taxes, you've got ~$250M.

Invest a good chunk of that so you can just live off the interest, then toss maybe $80M-$100M at the university...that should cover most of a new west side for the football stadium and a new basketball arena.
Of course, I'd probably want to set aside a couple million $ for a marching band practice facility too ;)

But if you take it in a lump sum, you only get 1/2 the payout - ~$250M or ~$125M after taxes. If you want the whole shebang, you need to take in 20 annual payments of ~$25M or ~$12.5M after taxes. Still, I think I could live on that :D
sealhall74

Well, no winner. Double up on your tickets for Saturday. Question for some insiders at WIU related to my storage container project:

Does WIU have a portable crane capable of hoisting 5 tons or would they have to go out and rent such a beast if they needed one?

If I win the lottery, I guess this is a moot question.
sealhall74

Still no winner. I will keep trying. And for those idiots that say the Jackpot signs dont work because they only good for 3 digits, I say think again:

If I win that, we can start paying students to come to WIU.
wiu712

Look for this new 30-second commercial. It is currently playing on local television stations (including the WGN-TV News), cable channels, and at movie theatres:
Last edited by wiu712 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:Look for this new 30-second commercial. It is currently playing on local television stations, cable channels, and at movie theatres:
No mention in ad whether or not Western will continue to offer the guaranteed 4 year tuition rate. Is that "feature" still part of the plan?