Updates to faculty layoff plan and other stuff

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:28 am In this state, there's plenty of blame to go around, I'd say. The biggest problem over the previous stretch was that the two men with the most power had opposing viewpoints and both refused to budge.

Things do appear to be actually making progress now though, so hopefully that'll lead to somewhat better news for Western when the budget is officially approved.
I may be the only one on this board that wonders (and is very concerned about) where the budget money is going to come from? I'm sure I'm not the only one that is sick of being taxed to death - personally and business-wise - and foresee even more residents fleeing the state should all Pritzker's "fund raising" efforts are put into effect.

I'm still waiting for someone in Springfield to get some brains and figure out that until we cut spending, we will never get out of this ginormous hole we keep digging deeper.
Tere North

rocki wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:51 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:28 am In this state, there's plenty of blame to go around, I'd say. The biggest problem over the previous stretch was that the two men with the most power had opposing viewpoints and both refused to budge.

Things do appear to be actually making progress now though, so hopefully that'll lead to somewhat better news for Western when the budget is officially approved.
I may be the only one on this board that wonders (and is very concerned about) where the budget money is going to come from? I'm sure I'm not the only one that is sick of being taxed to death - personally and business-wise - and foresee even more residents fleeing the state should all Pritzker's "fund raising" efforts are put into effect.

I'm still waiting for someone in Springfield to get some brains and figure out that until we cut spending, we will never get out of this ginormous hole we keep digging deeper.
Where should they cut? Obviously higher ed has been cut in the past. If not there, then where?
wiu712

Western Illinois, Chicago State seek more state money even as enrollment declines.
From the Illinois News Network:
https://www.ilnews.org/news/schools/wes ... e7be0.html
Tere North

wiu712 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:02 pm Western Illinois, Chicago State seek more state money even as enrollment declines.
From the Illinois News Network:
https://www.ilnews.org/news/schools/wes ... e7be0.html
Ain't gonna happen Jack (and Chicago State). You, not the State, created the problem. Why was Western and Chicago State hit harder by the budget impasse? They weren't, they just didn't adjust like everyone else. Jack, you make Western look foolish by demanding more.
vatusay

How ignorant can one be?
#ALLIN #YOLO
Tere North

vatusay wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:18 am How ignorant can one be?
The article was from last year - didn't work Jack.

This year, Jack wants special consideration for WIU.

Jack, get your own damn house in order. Better yet, Jack, leave.
wiu712

Tere North wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:33 am The article was from last year - didn't work Jack.
The above-referenced article is a current one -- dated May 3, 2019.

The photo of President Thomas is from last year (February 27, 2018). But the article itself was written yesterday:
By Cole Lauterbach | Illinois News Network May 3, 2019.
Tere North

wiu712 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:52 am
Tere North wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:33 am The article was from last year - didn't work Jack.
The above-referenced article is a current one -- dated May 3, 2019.

The photo of President Thomas is from last year (February 27, 2018). But the article itself was written yesterday:
By Cole Lauterbach | Illinois News Network May 3, 2019.
Wow, even worse! Thanks for the info!
wiu712

The nine presidents of Illinois' state universities say that Illinois needs to invest in higher education.
https://www.sj-r.com/opinion/20190511/t ... -education