Updates to faculty layoff plan and other stuff

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
GV Dad

Obviously new here, but the article linked above said WIU would receive $47.2 mil in funding in the new budget, which they said was an increase of I think 2%? Is that over what it was in the last signed budget, or is that over what WIU received last year? I was under the impression that there was reduced funding the last couple years due to no budget being signed?
wiu712

GV Dad wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:20 amObviously new here, but the article linked above said WIU would receive $47.2 mil in funding in the new budget, which they said was an increase of I think 2%? Is that over what it was in the last signed budget, or is that over what WIU received last year?
The University received a total of $46.3 million in Fiscal Year 2018, which was a 10 percent decrease from FY15 state appropriations.
leatherneckcountry

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this but just saw Chick Fil A is replacing Sbarro saw construction going on yesterday but wasn't sure what was going on.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:33 am Not sure if this is the correct place to put this but just saw Chick Fil A is replacing Sbarro saw construction going on yesterday but wasn't sure what was going on.
So who is the franchisee? Is is the university? Sodexo? Some local Macomb company or citizen? Don't tell me it is Marlyn Pruitt. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:49 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:33 am Not sure if this is the correct place to put this but just saw Chick Fil A is replacing Sbarro saw construction going on yesterday but wasn't sure what was going on.
So who is the franchisee? Is is the university? Sodexo? Some local Macomb company or citizen? Don't tell me it is Marlyn Pruitt. :lol:
I believe it’s Sodexo
Tere North

Just like almost all food sold on the Macomb campus, it's Sodexo. Just 1 or 2 places are allowed to do anything outside of using Sodexo. They hire the employees, etc., regardless of what the brand is on the shirt/hat. It is all Sodexo being the effective franchisee, preventing any competition from the outside.
sealhall74

Tere North wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:58 pm Just like almost all food sold on the Macomb campus, it's Sodexo. Just 1 or 2 places are allowed to do anything outside of using Sodexo. They hire the employees, etc., regardless of what the brand is on the shirt/hat. It is all Sodexo being the effective franchisee, preventing any competition from the outside.
Gut tells me they have not quite as much control over the concessions at athletic events. Not that I ever got a case of food poisoning, but it just seems like not a lot of quality control going on there. Am I right?

Sodexo middleman probably why Chick Fil A wont be ready til late fall (according to website). If it was just Chick Fil A, it would be open by Sep 1.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu2013

Maybe Chick Fil A will start selling sandwiches at athletic events. This would be a vast improvement to concessions.
wiu712

Eastern Illinois announced today that their freshman class for Fall 2018 is projected to be 18% higher in comparison to Fall 2017.

Last week, Illinois State projected an 8% increase in their Fall 2018 enrollment.

Enrollment at Western is going in the other direction. The freshman class for Fall 2018 is projected to be 32% lower in comparison to Fall 2017. The "No Confidence" and "Strike Authorization" votes probably play a role in that decrease.
Last edited by wiu712 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neckfansince71

Time to get back to work! Plenty of reason to grow and the positive changes are a-comming! ;) jc