E Bandit

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
leatherface

ST, you didn't do this did you? :D

MACOMB, Ill. — The Western Illinois University Foundation is hoping it can buy a vowel for $500.

Early this morning the letter "E," was stolen from the WESTERN sign in front of the WIU Alumni House.

The letter is valued at $1,300.

Authorities are now asking for your help with any tips that would lead to the arrest of the vandals.

A $500 reward is being offered.

If you have a tip you are urged to contact Macomb Area Crime Stoppers by clicking here.

The other E was also damaged, as someone tried to remove this letter overnight sometime.

Both incidents are currently being investigated.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Nope, I have no need of a giant E. I already have my new office decorated.

Not sure what the vandals have against the letter E (or maybe it's just vowels in general), since they tried to hit the other one. Facilities management has replaced the missing E (apparently we've got a few extra letters in the closet somewhere?) but they're still looking for info for who might have done it.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Damn math students. Did we not teach them it's lower case e not upper case?
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU0812

This happened a few years ago today right after they finished it. Wonder what more they could do to keep from happening. There is no direct sidewalk in front of it and it is a relatively well lit area especially because letters glow. I wonder how they are held on and how hard it really is to remove them. I thought they same thing about the W they placed near adams street where lots of kids walk home drunk from bar hopefully it is like 8 foot in the air.
vatusay

$1300? Lol
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

The stolen "E" made the 6PM News tonight on KHQA-TV-7.

A photo of the damage is included on this webpage:
http://khqa.com/news/local/wiu-looking- ... ng-offered