Campus Improvements - New Golf Course Clubhouse

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:38 pm As for running cross country there...idk...how are runners at dodging deer and other wildlife? There's a lot in that area.
Cross country runs out at Spring Lake. Very nice course and hosts several HS events as well.
sealhall74

When is Lamoine Village going to become dust/greenery? Do Not Enter signs around campus are not doing us any favors. I dont care if those buildings are mostly hidden by a bunch of trees.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:When is Lamoine Village going to become dust/greenery? Do Not Enter signs around campus are not doing us any favors. I dont care if those buildings are mostly hidden by a bunch of trees.
As far as I know, there's only one do not enter sign for Lamoine Village, and that's at the driving entrance. Only a few people ever see it and they aren't students.

There might be one in the sidewalk that heads down the hill behind Thompson...I don't know if they've torn that up yet.

The former Lamoine Village area was/is being used as a temporary storage location for all the concrete from Higgins Hall. They've been grinding it all down to make gravel to use around campus as filler and stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Kudos for not just hauling the cement to the landfill. Could you please deliver a truckload of it to me for the base of my backyard patio paver project. But seriously, that area around the Lamoine River would be ideal for a nature trail. I mentioned earlier about the bike path up to the golf course. A nice place to stop on it would behind StudentPres' mansion to get a glimpse of his new big pond, one big big enough to float a kayak and do some serious fishing. Nice place for the cardboard boat regatta at homecomings as well. I would definitely be looking into a grant to help in the development and management of that entire area. It is a virtual oasis for our Biology Department. Also, I assume there are times when we have to shut down those holes on the golf course next to the river. A little watershed management might help in that matter as well.

https://www.epa.gov/hwp/healthy-watersh ... rants-hwcg
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:34 am Kudos for not just hauling the cement to the landfill. Could you please deliver a truckload of it to me for the base of my backyard patio paver project. But seriously, that area around the Lamoine River would be ideal for a nature trail. I mentioned earlier about the bike path up to the golf course. A nice place to stop on it would behind StudentPres' mansion to get a glimpse of his new big pond, one big big enough to float a kayak and do some serious fishing. Nice place for the cardboard boat regatta at homecomings as well. I would definitely be looking into a grant to help in the development and management of that entire area. It is a virtual oasis for our Biology Department. Also, I assume there are times when we have to shut down those holes on the golf course next to the river. A little watershed management might help in that matter as well.

https://www.epa.gov/hwp/healthy-watersh ... rants-hwcg
It's possible they have to shut it down at times, but the highest I've ever seen it, they just had to rope off some of the left side of the fairway to keep people out of it.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000