Campus Improvements - New Golf Course Clubhouse

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I just posted the Facilities Management seasonal newsletter for this last Winter and noticed something that I didn't realize was going on and that I thought would be of particular interest to you guys.

It looks like they're working on raising money for a new golf course clubhouse. From the newsletter:
The Western Illinois University : Drive to Excellence is on its way to raising $630,000 for a planned replacement to the existing golf clubhouse at the Harry Mussatto Golf Course. The Arthur D. & Roselyn Chown Golf Learning Center is
a 3,360 sq. ft. clubhouse and learning center that would replace the original 1,600 sq. ft. clubhouse built in 1972. The proposed building would house men and women’s locker rooms, a 900 sq. ft. allpurpose room doubling as a dining and lounging area, a large outdoor patio with winter outdoor hitting bays, and a full service golf pro shop.

The fundraising campaign has raised over $450,000 to date
You can view the full newsletter here: http://www.wiu.edu/vpas/fm/_documents/F ... r_2016.pdf
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

I think the old club house is going to be gone very very soon. In fact, would love to see some pics as it too goes the way of the "passenger pigeon!" Golf staff will be transitioning into the "cart" building for the time being. It will be a great addition to WIU's golf program!!! It is realistically a game changer! ;) jc
Tere North

Proud to be a contributor to this new facility. Finally the teams will actually have locker rooms! A very welcome addition to campus, funded entirely by donations.
Neckfansince71

Here is the pre-bid information! Looks like the final date in 8/17! This is going to be a really nice addition to the university golf course!!!!
http://www.illinoisbids.com/bid_opportu ... nter-.html

Let the fun begin!!! ;) jc

ps. I wonder where 0812 disappeared to? He was really versed on capital bidding. Have not heard from him since progress on PAC was halted.
Neckfansince71

Just looked at the bid information again, and August 2nd seemed like the date for bids. Has anyone heard anything or seen anything as far as preparation for demolition and construction of this facility!!! ;) jc
Neckfansince71

Just looked again and it seems like things are all set, contractors selected etc. Scott, have any information when they will start? ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:50 am Just looked again and it seems like things are all set, contractors selected etc. Scott, have any information when they will start? ;) jc
I haven't seen or heard anything yet. I'll keep an eye on it as best I can though.
Neckfansince71

BOT gave it's blessing for the beginning of construction on Friday. Drove by the golf course on our way out Sunday morning and old club house and golf shop was totally cleaned out except for tables and chairs stored on the enclosed patio. I hope Facilities Management includes picture of its construction as time goes on. We made such a big deal out of imploding Higgins, I see no reason why we can't really celebrate the construction of the golf ed. facility.

Any one know when 336 will be opened for business. Looks pretty much done except for some grading and some asphalt paving on the side of the road.

Finally, gotta get that westside makeover going, I almost fell down the stairs on Saturday. Falling up would be okay, down is very very bad! ;) jc
Neckfansince71

I know we have plenty of things to be excited about at the moment but I am just wondering if anyone has been by the golf course lately? Is the clubhouse still there? Is it gone? ST, any plans to have it listed as a project on the Facilities Management page? ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Clubhouse is still there right now, but I've heard they had nearly everything moved out.

There has been some equipment moving dirt and stuff back behind the storage buildings and stuff, but I don't know if that's part of that or if it's something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk