Coaching Changes

vatusay

Well I agree he was really really really really really bad. Was trying to be sort of nice. If I was another team I'd never run the ball.
#ALLIN #YOLO
huskie

Deon Broomfield DB coach leaving for Indiana State.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

huskie wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:35 pm Deon Broomfield DB coach leaving for Indiana State.
Yup...I'm not sure why it's our defensive coaches getting jobs elsewhere...we had one of the worst defenses in all of DI football last year.

[tweet]829747288494981120[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
LeatherCy

He must have left this week. He was with Broomie as we were leaving Western Hall last Saturday night.
LWE2012

FOOTBALL SCOOP:
Ball State: Per source, David Elson will be the defensive coordinator at Ball State. Elson is formerly the head coach at Western Kentucky and spent the past two seasons as the defensive coordinator at Southern Illinois and Western Illinois.
leatherneckcountry

any rumors on the DC front doubt there a whole lot of good ones available now.
LeatherCy

Ran into Broomie @ Sports Corner last night. He told me was hired by Curt Mallory @ Ind St on Tuesday to Coach CB's. I enjoyed watching him play at Iowa State. Great guy and he'll be working for a great guy in Curt Mallory
meganeck

Sorry, not a WIU note, but just saw that NDSU OC is leaving to take an assistant job with the Iowa Hawkeyes
LeatherCy

Courtney Messingham was hired as the new OC at NDSU. Court and Chris Kleiman grew up in Waterloo. Court was QB at Waterloo West while Kleiman went to Columbus. They will both enjoy kicking Farley's but as they are both former Panther players.
LocalYokelFan

So recruits are signed, early enrolees are on campus, spring ball is right around the corner, and we hardly have a defensive football staff? Yikes...

I heard rumors about Elson being gone at the end of the football season, for good reason, but am curious why it took so long. Now what? Who's available at this point? It'll be interesting, I hope Coach Fish has some tricks up his sleeves. The defense needs to get better in a hurry and that unit doesn't have a coordinator in mid-February.