Rodney Harrison "A Football Life"

vatusay

Just saw on Twitter that Rodney is currently in the middle of filming for a new "a football life" on nfl network. If you haven't seen precious episodes I recommend them, very well done, much like the 30 for 30s on ESPN. Wonder how much WIU will be brought up?
#ALLIN #YOLO
WIU2DC

I wasn't in school when he played for WIU and i've always wondered why he dissociates from us. Does anyone know why?
BobLovely

I saw Rodney play for Western on a number of occasions. He was excellent! I would love to hear the inside story on his rift with the program...

Bob
sealhall74

Just a couple of related questions:

1) Was he ever offered membership in the Leatherneck Hall of Fame?
2) If yes, did he decline the honor?
Embrace the pace of the race.
Leatherneck57

Let's just say he didn't have a choice to stay. He was told to go pro because he wasn't going to be allowed to come back.

No need to discuss this because a few people are working on getting him back and feeling comfortable again. They have made great strides in doing so. I've communicated with him a little on Twitter. It will work itself out...

Things happen just like it did with Don Patterson. I believe that hachet was buried back in April at Football Alumni Weekend and Coach Fisher was instrumental in that connection.
vatusay

Great to hear
#ALLIN #YOLO
Leatherneck57

The person we're having a hard time connecting with is Aaron Stecker. You can't tell me he didn't have a great experience playing in Leatherneck Purple?!?!
sealhall74

Leatherneck57 wrote:The person we're having a hard time connecting with is Aaron Stecker. You can't tell me he didn't have a great experience playing in Leatherneck Purple?!?!
Have you tried offering up his daughter chance to sing national anthem at Hanson Field yet? Maybe that stage is not quite big enough, but you ever know, he might take you up on the offer.

[youtube][/youtube]
letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote:
Leatherneck57 wrote:The person we're having a hard time connecting with is Aaron Stecker. You can't tell me he didn't have a great experience playing in Leatherneck Purple?!?!
Have you tried offering up his daughter chance to sing national anthem at Hanson Field yet? Maybe that stage is not quite big enough, but you ever know, he might take you up on the offer.
Seal donates the money for a new pressbox, we get all the roofing supplies for it from ABC Supply (owned by his wife's family), Skylar sings the national anthem at the grand opening game.
sealhall74

letsgonecks wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:
Seal donates the money for a new pressbox, we get all the roofing supplies for it from ABC Supply (owned by his wife's family), Skylar sings the national anthem at the grand opening game.
I am signing the contract if and only if the Peach Blossoms make their appearance by riding in on the fenders of this bad boy: