GDT: WIU vs NAU (9/10/2016)

sealhall74

rocki wrote:Oh, and I didn't see any available at the "side gate" - the area where the little "will call" ticket booth is (kind of behind the west stands). They just had kids there checking tickets. Lots of students came in from there, though - I think many of them had been to the Union and came through the first gate they saw.
There you go. A free vanilla game program for all students. Put a special advertising code in a few of them which entitles holder to a get a free pizza or something from Union or restaurant up town. Worth a shot. Does not cost much.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:Are game day programs (those paper things that list players, coaches, advertisers, etc) still sold or given out for free? I dont recall getting one last time I was there which was opening EIU game last year.
There were free Game Day Programs set out on a table inside the north gate. I think that might have been the only entry way that had them.

Two-sport athlete Steve McShane was the lead story on WGEM's Sunday Night Sports with Sean Barie:
http://www.wgem.com/story/33068982/2016 ... -two-games
sealhall74

Massey Composite now has us at #6. Not sure if all the polls have been updated but we are getting some respect for sure.

http://marker.to/3msbyP

Charlie's radio show tonight at 6pm CT. Hope they find a way to get it to the non-locals like myself.
LocalYokelFan

While I had questions after the EIU game, I've got nothing but praise coming out of Saturday for the 'Necks. This team can play football and these coaches can coach. If there is ONE small thing that I've seen over the course of both games is that we've started a little slow on defense. At the same time, adjustments were made, the guys never hung their heads and kept grinding. Just really, really pleased with how the team looked Saturday. Also, thanks EIU for making that road opener look even better with your win over FBS Miami (OH)!

I thought the crowd was great, beyond that little pizza gaff, and even that wasn't that big of a deal, IMO. Sure it was a bit quiet to start, but NAU came out and popped us in the teeth; that just effects a stadium crowd - whether you're Alabama or WIU. The attendance figures seem off. I know the tailgate scene was pretty rockin' beforehand and everyone was coming in right at kickoff -- I got the feeling going in not everyone was being counted, so I'm not entirely surprised the figure was off. But again, great crowd -- be proud WIU and Macomb and I hope to see everyone back in October!

LN57 - Crow has never tasted so good. My doubts are gone. Looking forward to seeing more big things unfold. Go 'Necks!
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:Charlie's radio show tonight at 6pm CT. Hope they find a way to get it to the non-locals like myself.
You can get it via Periscope: https://twitter.com/WIUAthletics
Last edited by wiu712 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sealhall74

I am tuned in

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:I am tuned in
YEA!! :D
wiu712

Northern Illinois has announced today that our game on September 24 will be at 2:30 PM. It will be on ESPN3.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote:One mistake that needs to be corrected: Western had the ball in the Red Zone in the 3rd qr driving for a score. The Western cheerleaders started handing out the free pizzas. That caused the crowd to get loud. But we had the ball. The Western players were on the sideline motioning for the crowd to quiet down. The pizza give-away needs to be conducted when the other team has the ball.
Quick update on this issue. I emailed the athletics department about the pizza giveaway happening when we were on offense. Apparently it is scheduled/scripted to happen when we are on defense, but the person in charge of the cheerleaders now is new and made a mistake. They've addressed it with the cheerleader coordinator as well as apologizing to and speaking with the football staff about it, so hopefully it'll be something that doesn't happen again the future.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Leatherneck57

Its all good LocalYocalFan! But I would love to talk to on the phone or face to face on one of my many trips to Macomb and justify my reasons for certain remarks I've made about some of the former coaches. You may be friends with some of the former staff and that's ok but as a former player I have some legit insight as to why a lot of football alumni feel the same way. Give me a shout sometime. 847-226-7523...would to talk Leatherneck football with you.

Keep being a big fan!

LN57

LN57 - Crow has never tasted so good. My doubts are gone. Looking forward to seeing more big things unfold. Go 'Necks![/quote]