GDT: WIU at NIU (9/24/16)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yea, I know it's not technically Saturday, but I'm not at home and I don't have my computer with me and I don't know if I'll have time in the morning...also means I'll have to skip the memes this time. Posting from my phone doesn't make it easy to do it.

Remember that we've got the live chat available for anyone who wants to use it. I'll try to pop in every now and then during the game to say hi and maybe post some photos from the game.

I'll leave you guys with an image I hope we see quite a bit on Saturday afternoon...couple of huskies being left in the dust by a bulldog.

Go Leathernecks!
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

We need to be mistake free throughout, get up on 'em early, and have all the Huskie pack yelping "Here we go again".

WIU 31
NIU 24
Embrace the pace of the race.
BobLovely

My prediction from earlier this week:
BobLovely wrote:I like Western in this game:

Western Illinois 33
Northern Illinois 27

Bob
wiu712

Game Day Forecast for DeKalb:

Cloudy early with peeks of sunshine expected late.
High = 73.
Winds: East at 10-15 mph.
UV Index: 4 of 10.
NIU#1FBinIL

ST_Lawson wrote: I'll leave you guys with an image I hope we see quite a bit on Saturday afternoon...couple of huskies being left in the dust by a bulldog.

It's all a matter of perspective.

What I see is a couple of Huskies going for the kill and the poor bulldog running for its life (strictly metaphorically, of course).

Here's to an injury free game.

Go Huskies!
vatusay

Watch ESPN just became available on PS4 couple days ago so I'll be watching the game on big screen today. Technology is awesome.
#ALLIN #YOLO
rocki

I know the game doesn't start for another 45 minutes, but can anyone tell what kind of crowd WIU is going to have today? Hopefully it being in Dekalb would encourage a lot of alumni to be there.
Western_101

I am not in DeKalb planed to be but then life happened. I really feel like this game is a 50/50. Certainly we all know NIU is not the toughest opponent on our schedule. That being said, NIU is certainly a far better team than a 0-3 record might indicate.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Seemed like quite a lot of people in the tailgate area. Hard to say exact numbers, but it doesn't seem like we're hugely outnumbered or anything at this point.

Here's a shot of the team warming up.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Couple of missed opportunities for FGs. Could easily be another 6 points up. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite us.

Still, up by a TD at the half and we get the ball.