WIU at South Dakota State (10/1/2016)

rocki

Thanks Thumper! Not making the trip, but will be watching on ESPN3.

This game really does look like a toss-up, but I can't go against my home team. I don't doubt you guys will be the roughest test we've had so far.

Best of luck to the Jackrabbits, and here's to an injury-free game.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Hey Thumper, thanks for stopping by to offer your insight. I always enjoy talking FCS football with you, whether on AGS or wherever.
I'm sure our Leathernecks also appreciate the "Military Day" welcome you guys have planned ;)

Also, from the twitter-verse and in contrast to all the troubles SDSU had getting down to Macomb last year, here's our guys getting ready to head out from the Quad Cities airport (looks like Judd is really comfortable, not sure if he's going to make the flight or just spend the weekend chilling in the airport lounge :lol: )
[tweet]781934773543563264[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
yokedneck

In Sioux Falls tonight with friends. One is SDSU grad and former member of The Pride of the Dakotas marching band (for Scott). Team arrived around 430.

O Line update

M Zobrist (J Detweiler) missed one series last week appeared to tweak a knee or ankle. Ended up being lineman of the week.

D Wagner (A Nichols) missed 2nd half due to concussion protocol (later cleared) at NIU.

Same starting five for 4th week in a row. SDSU having trouble with the run. Hoping to see us win TOP with some long drives that end in scores.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[thinkpurple]Leatherneck Football[/thinkpurple]
rocki

Thanks for the update, Tom.

Looking forward to seeing the game. Best of luck to the 'Necks - here's hoping our run game stymies them and we cover their pass receivers extremely well.

Let's go 'NECKS!!!!!!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Interview with Coach Fisher on K100 Radio this morning about this weekend's game and other things:
[soundcloud]285850646[/soundcloud]
rocki

Well, I'm ready to move on.

I've visited the Sycamore's message boards - someone was asking about injury reports. Hadn't seen a reply yet, does anyone know their status?
BobLovely

This situation calls for Bill Belichick:

https://youtu.be/dz_H-rmlolI

Bob
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote:Well, I'm ready to move on.

I've visited the Sycamore's message boards - someone was asking about injury reports. Hadn't seen a reply yet, does anyone know their status?
Did we have any injuries this game? I don't remember seeing any that warranted any stoppage of play, at least. So, unless there's something unexpected, I'd imagine it'd just be a bit of bumps and bruises. Although it's possible that something like a bit of a head "bonk" might have turned out to be a possible concussion or a turned ankle that doesn't feel bad in the "heat of the moment" turns out to be a more severe sprain or even a minor broken bone. That stuff might not be discovered until later after the game or even Sunday.
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote:

Did we have any injuries this game? I don't remember seeing any that warranted any stoppage of play, at least. So, unless there's something unexpected, I'd imagine it'd just be a bit of bumps and bruises. Although it's possible that something like a bit of a head "bonk" might have turned out to be a possible concussion or a turned ankle that doesn't feel bad in the "heat of the moment" turns out to be a more severe sprain or even a minor broken bone. That stuff might not be discovered until later after the game or even Sunday.
I heard from credible sources that our coach that was running down the sideline on that Stacey Smith long gainer came up lame with a pulled hammie. He is "day-to-day" like most us. LOL
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

sealhall74 wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:

I heard from credible sources that our coach that was running down the sideline on that Stacey Smith long gainer came up lame with a pulled hammie. He is "day-to-day" like most us. LOL
Obviously need to work on conditioning. ;)