GDT: WIU at SDSU (10/1/2016)

yokedneck

Tough night 14-7 lead then 45 unanswered by the Jack's. The ice cream was good fwiw.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[thinkpurple]Leatherneck Football[/thinkpurple]
rocki

I'm just stunned. Didn't see this coming.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

yokedneck wrote:Tough night 14-7 lead then 45 unanswered by the Jack's. The ice cream was good fwiw.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Glad you could enjoy some part of the trip. The question now is how does the team respond to a blowout loss in the Dakotas. Last year, we followed up an utter obliteration at the hands of the Bison with two straight wins, squeaking into the playoffs, then winning our first round game. So...maybe we can follow this up with a nice series of wins.

I stopped watching after the last pick-6, but put the radio feed on so I can at least not have to listed to those stupid announcers on ESPN3.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

Good news, I checked the rule book, this only counts as one loss (feels like it should count for three).

Commentators, were insufferable. The officiating was not a friend to WIU. Tonight was bad, then real bad, then embarrassing, and finally we arrive at "fun bad" :lol:
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote:Good news, I checked the rule book, this only counts as one loss (feels like it should count for three).

Commentators, were insufferable. The officiating was not a friend to WIU. Tonight was bad, then real bad, then embarrassing, and finally we arrive at "fun bad" :lol:
"fun bad"?...guess I'm not quite there yet. Maybe I need more alcohol.

I mean, going into the season I expected a loss...I actually expected we'd be at 2-2 at this point in the season, and I still had us finishing with 7 wins, so we've actually got a 1-game "cushion" as compared to what I was predicting. But still...I hate these kinds of blowout losses where it feels like everything piles on us all at once, then keeps piling until everyone else is laughing.

I don't know what that was, but it wasn't Leatherneck Football. They better "bring it" against Indiana State next weekend.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

Announcer still makes me want to puke.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Western_101

Well, the 'Necks got destoryed/ up in Fargo last year, seems like every season, somewhere lurking an outing like this is going to present itself.

A hard fought back and forth game where one comes up short is still honorable and one can keep ones chin up. Not really sure what positive anyone could take away from this specific beat down.

Hey even after the 3-0 start nobody thought we were going to get through Conference play without some losses. Makes me wonder though, NAU has zero D-I wins, EIU lost today to SEMO and NIU is not that impressive. :? Maybe the guys had a false sense of confidence coming into today?
rocki

RedNeck wrote:Well, the 'Necks got destoryed/ up in Fargo last year, seems like every season, somewhere lurking an outing like this is going to present itself.

A hard fought back and forth game where one comes up short is still honorable and one can keep ones chin up. Not really sure what positive anyone could take away from this specific beat down.

Hey even after the 3-0 start nobody thought we were going to get through Conference play without some losses. Makes me wonder though, NAU has zero D-I wins, EIU lost today to SEMO and NIU is not that impressive. :? Maybe the guys had a false sense of confidence coming into today?
I wouldn't think so. I think SDSU just had our number and played it to perfection. For whatever reason, we did not play up to our ability and they capitalized on it. The loss hurts, but I have to say congrats to them, as they did exactly what a football team is supposed to do - take your opponent's vulnerabilities and use them to your advantage. We got outplayed and outcoached today. Sucks, but it happens.

The real key is if they can shake it off and go forward from here.
wiu712

Attendance for tonight's game = 14,155.
rocki

OldHare, if you're still on here, congrats. Your team was the far better one tonight - best of luck the rest of the season.