Charlie Fisher Show

Neckfansince71

Quick question! Is it my 60 year old hearing or "Periscpoe" that makes it hard to listen to the show! Where else can I find it to listen after. Curious to hear his analysis of the game! ;) jc
sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote:Quick question! Is it my 60 year old hearing or "Periscpoe" that makes it hard to listen to the show! Where else can I find it to listen after. Curious to hear his analysis of the game! ;) jc
It should be out on the Leatherneck All Access site today or tommorrow. Don't count on the audio being too much better than the live Periscope feed though. NFS71, you got some pull around Macomb, I know you do. Get us an answer as to why this show is not being broadcast on 88.3 The Dog from the friendly confines of the University Union so more students (hopefully) can be part of it. Yea, I know BWW is a big corporate sponsor and all, but the current setup does very little for anyone except BWW and Brown's Shoe Fit store. Kipp Jones was saying WJEQ would be on the internet several years ago. I am tired of holding my breath on that. We can do much better than this, I know we can.
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

It's from the same original feed, but I always watch it on youtube.
sealhall74

rocki wrote:It's from the same original feed, but I always watch it on youtube.
If there is a live Youtube stream, why is AD tweeting out the link to Periscope instead of link to the Youtube stream?
Youtube quality is definitely much superior.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Kipp Jones was saying WJEQ would be on the internet several years ago. I am tired of holding my breath on that. We can do much better than this, I know we can.
The Macomb group of radio stations were sold about a year ago. So they have new ownership.

I remember back in the Coach Hendrickson days that the show was on WIUS-FM. But I think that it was conducted in their studio.
rocki

sealhall74 wrote:
rocki wrote:It's from the same original feed, but I always watch it on youtube.
If there is a live Youtube stream, why is AD tweeting out the link to Periscope instead of link to the Youtube stream?
Youtube quality is definitely much superior.

NSF71 said "after" in his post. I listen to it the next day on Youtube.
huskie

The Coach Fisher show is streamed LIVE on You Tube, you'll need to call the athletic department to find out why they don't share the link. It should also be live on channel 3 and on McDonough County Telephone TV channel 9. The show re airs several times during the week, again call athletics to find out the times.
sealhall74

Just my opinion, but Macomb has too many small-coverage radio stations. I dont see this new management company doing much beyond keeping them afloat as-is and waiting for another buyout. Somebodies in Macomb should get together and create a joint community/university endeavor to start a single COMMERCIAL 25K+ watt radio station that is streamed on the net. It could replace or supplement the university-owned The Dog which has a very limited 250 watt range (maybe Tennessee range on a good night). The university gets all advertising revenue from the new station beyond operating costs. The broadcasting students man it just like they do on The Dog now. The university business/marketing department students gain practical expertise in running it like a business (selling advertising time, etc.) It becomes the flagship station for ALL Leatherneck athletic broadcasts replacing the Beardstown WRMS station in that function. BTW, I just got back from trip to Brookings, SD. Five commercial radio stations there along with the one owned and operated by the university. They are ALL on the internet. We are competing with these guys on the field and court. Why not do everything we can to compete with them in the community as well? For now, that would be one really nice radio station instead of the several currently stomping on each other. If this budget nonsense gets settled, we can look to expand the offerings.
rocki

In regard to the radio station(s), I believe that other than K100, most of the rest is computer programming (as you can tell by the commercials over-riding the music, etc.).

I honestly don't know how much effort goes into selling their advertising anymore - the previous owners made so many advertisers angry that they may have just written off any attempts to reconnect.

As it is with most businesses today, bigger puts "mom and pop" out of contention.
wiu712

Three of the Macomb radio stations do have sports or talk programming available on the internet. But WJEQ is not one of those stations.
http://www.macombnewsnow.com/listen-live

WLMD (104.7 FM) used to carry the NBC Sports Radio network. I listened to that station a lot. Never did hear many local commercials. It was primarily uncovered PSA's. The format of that station has been changed to Fox News Radio.