WIU vs Missouri State (10/15/2016)

sealhall74

dshenaut wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:MSU has an interesting "tailgating" area called Bearfest Village where no tailgates are allowed. It is located at one end of the stadium. People can reserve space there and bring tents, tables, and whatever makes them happy. You pull your vehicle up, unload your stuff, find your spot and setup. Securing a good spot there probably means you can watch the game from your tailgate spot. Probably a very strong temptation to never enter the stadium and find a seat. Does not seem to do much for their homefield advantage IMO. There are other lots around where they do traditional vehicle tailgating.

Necks by 10.

http://missouristatebears.com/sports/20 ... llage.aspx

Per MSU website:

CAN I TAILGATE DURING THE GAME?
No. BearFest Village will close at KICK OFF
of each game. All alcohol consumption must
end at that time.
I was wondering about that. If they close it at kickoff but have a whole half to do the tear down, that is time not spent cheering on the home team. It would be interesting to see how it works for them. Are fans in their seats at kickoff? The close proximity of the area to the field is nice. I know we have a big problem getting people from Qlot into their seats and on their feet for kickoff.

IMHO opinion, the Bison have the best policy. Close it down a half hour before game starts. No excuses for not being in your seat.
Embrace the pace of the race.
huskie

Leathernecks 34 Missouri State 17
wiu712

Preview of Saturday's game from tonight's WGEM Sports with Ben Marth:
http://www.wgem.com/story/33388855/2016 ... fc-victory
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Interview with Scott Kornberg about the game:
http://macombnewsnow.com/local-sports/275435
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Leathernecks look for consistency near midway point.

From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... dway-point
yokedneck

Fellow Leathernecks-

A long week so late adding my $.02 as we're about to leave KC for the game. FYI keep an eye on the coin toss. Coach Fisher has did a cool thing this year with honorary captain(s) from the senior class each week joining Brett and Sean. Ole number 65 gets his shot at "heads or tails" this week. :)

Everyone is healthy heading into week six. Stating the obvious here, but we have to eliminate the turnovers. Sean effectively has been the starter for a season going back to last year. Coach Fisher scheme has been seen for five weeks.

Perhaps like the rookie in baseball who tears it up his first trip thru the league but struggles on the second time thru. Opponents should have a good book now on our tendencies, etc. I guess in general terms some adjustments maybe in order to get teams off balance.

Noted in film this week there were probably 4-5 key plays last week (INTs, missed long balls) if those are properly executed the 4th quarter would have been more relaxing.

Missouri State is still a mystery to me other than their win over the Sycamores. They have two wins over bad opponents. The KState game was actually called at half time due to severe weather.

Tom
[thinkpurple]Leatherneck Football[/thinkpurple]
wiu712

WIU faces road challenge at improved Missouri State.

From Saturday's McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... ouri-state
rocki

yokedneck wrote:Fellow Leathernecks-

A long week so late adding my $.02 as we're about to leave KC for the game. FYI keep an eye on the coin toss. Coach Fisher has did a cool thing this year with honorary captain(s) from the senior class each week joining Brett and Sean. Ole number 65 gets his shot at "heads or tails" this week. :)

Everyone is healthy heading into week six. Stating the obvious here, but we have to eliminate the turnovers. Sean effectively has been the starter for a season going back to last year. Coach Fisher scheme has been seen for five weeks.

Perhaps like the rookie in baseball who tears it up his first trip thru the league but struggles on the second time thru. Opponents should have a good book now on our tendencies, etc. I guess in general terms some adjustments maybe in order to get teams off balance.

Noted in film this week there were probably 4-5 key plays last week (INTs, missed long balls) if those are properly executed the 4th quarter would have been more relaxing.

Missouri State is still a mystery to me other than their win over the Sycamores. They have two wins over bad opponents. The KState game was actually called at half time due to severe weather.

Tom
Nice!! Let's hope he's our "extra good luck" charm.

Good post on what we are coming up against now - I actually thought we'd see more versatility in the offense than we have so far. (Mainly in bringing in more "names" to take the heat off the usual targets).

Will be interesting to see what we do to adjust for the Bears defense - that appears to be their strong point.

Looking forward to game time. Let's go 'Necks!!!!!!
sealhall74

this game not showing up on the WatchESPN playlist for me. What do you all see?
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

Showed up for me - retry it.