WIU vs Missouri State (10/15/2016)

sealhall74

rocki wrote:Showed up for me - retry it.
Got it. I was looking under the upcoming tab.
Embrace the pace of the race.
1721Higgins

Well....that was a little more exciting than I would have liked. :D
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

1721Higgins wrote:Well....that was a little more exciting than I would have liked. :D
Understatement of the season.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

I missed Coach's post-game comments on radio watching finish of *DSU game. Anyone catch 'em and care to summarize?
letsgonecks

Wife wasn't happy with a few of my choice words tonight with the kids around, but a W's a W.

A lot to be proud of and a lot to be worried about. Will need to be perfect next week.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:I missed Coach's post-game comments on radio watching finish of *DSU game. Anyone catch 'em and care to summarize?
Coach Fisher joked that he needed to have his blood pressure checked following that game. He said that the team had "dropped their shield". But the team "responded with resilience and resolve".

Nathan Knuffman averaged 48.4 yards on his five punts, including two that were downed on the 1-yard line.

Sean McGuire threw for 323 yards.

Western out-gained Missouri State 461-395 in total yards, and held the ball for 13:40 longer.

Attendance = 12,639.
Western_101

I have purposely omitted alcoholic beverages from my game day ritual this season. My wife says I get to excited and/or too angry.

I turned off the the T.V. at half time. After which I periodically kept track on ESPN game tracker and in the 4th quarter after the 15 yard penalty, I lost my Sh*t,( prior to that ESPN was giving us a 98% chance to win game) we all know what momentum that set in motion. I finally had to turn the computer off all together.

For two weeks in a row victory seems like I've survived a Heart attack, I am relieved but lt all feels so precarious.
rocki

For sure we're going to have to be a zillion times better next week if we want a win.

I know, I know..."good teams find a way to win"; but I'd personally prefer winning in the manner it looked like we were going to when we were 17 points ahead. Fumbles and interceptions are definitely not needed.

Any bets on whether we can play a full 4 quarters of GOOD football next week?
Western_101

I played organized sports when I was in High School so that was like 25 years ago. (actually same conference as A.D. M. Tanny :D )

Coach was always on my ass that I could show him I was good and show that I sucked. I think if one is athletic enough for D-I, when bad things happen, it can be a player that doubts himself, something or someone got into his head. Some coaches are amazing at tapping into a players soul and psyche and instilling a definitive believe that they were put on this Earth to be great, some players can find that in themselves. The 2016 installment of the Necks have enough, skill, strength and athleticism to win a National Championship. I don't know if they have the intangibles. I love the 'Necks record but have reserved judgment on whether or not they are the real deal.

Stay tuned.

P.S. I know full well I didn't have the speed, strength, exceptional skill to play at a Western in 95, let alone now(not even close). The kids that play now in MVFC in my opinion look like the P5 kids 20 years ago. :shock:
sealhall74

The 6 o'clock start next Saturday could very well be problematic for Cubby fans. We need to petition Patty V to move the game up to 2 pm.