WIU vs North Dakota State (10/22/2016)

rocki

Well, I'm sure it was a tough loss for the team. I will say that although the crowd wasn't huge (I imagine the Cubs game had a lot to do with that), where I was sitting it did sound loud and enthusiastic. That's a testament to this team and how they are bringing the fans back into the stands.

Frustrated that we did have chances to win it and didn't capitalize, but proud that they kept fighting and held tough keeping NDSU from big drives in the second half. I am going to watch the replay, though - even being there I couldn't see what happened that stopped us on the 1 yard line. The section I was in was NOT happy with that call - whether that was just from being 'Neck fans or whether it really was close, I don't know.

Onward and upward!!!
yokedneck

sealhall74 wrote:Here is a question for the football rulebook experts. We know it is against the rules for an offensive player to aid a ball carrier by pushing him forward.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/daallen.wo ... rrier/amp/

Actually pushing the ball carrier or the "pile" are perfectly legal. You can't pull or lift a ball carrier to prevent him from going down.

On our final goal line attempt the Bison countered by having their D linemen dive at the feet of our o-line and sent their linebackers over the top.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[thinkpurple]Leatherneck Football[/thinkpurple]