WIU at South Dakota (10/29/2016)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

So freakin' nervous about my sports teams today.

Leatherneck football playing a big, emotional game that will say a lot about where our team is right now. Too many close games this season...they're stressing me out.

And then....I'm also a Cubs fan....so there's that.

Not sure I'll have fingernails by the end of the day. Hopefully Western can get ahead early and hold off the Coyotes for a solid win.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote:So freakin' nervous about my sports teams today.

Leatherneck football playing a big, emotional game that will say a lot about where our team is right now. Too many close games this season...they're stressing me out.

And then....I'm also a Cubs fan....so there's that.

Not sure I'll have fingernails by the end of the day. Hopefully Western can get ahead early and hold off the Coyotes for a solid win.
I realize this might be heresy here, but I'm not a Cubs fan (although I wish them well) so I "got no dog in that fight".

The 'Necks, however are another story. We all know they can do it, and USD ain't no NDSU or SDSU. I feel Coach Fisher can get them to channel their emotions into precision play. The way we came out second half against NDSU and held them bodes well for today's game, I think. Finish out the plays we left on the field last week, and we're set.

Ready to skin some Coyotes? I am!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: I realize this might be heresy here, but I'm not a Cubs fan (although I wish them well) so I "got no dog in that fight".
Nah, that's fine. I know there's plenty of fans of other teams on here (as well as some people who don't really care about baseball probably). The majority of WIU alums are likely Cubs, White Sox, or Cardinals fans, but there's people from all over the country who are loyal Leatherneck fans, and many of them have their own baseball affiliations (a friend of mine from the Marching Leathernecks is originally from LA and is a Dodger fan...he's getting a bit annoying on facebook with comments about how the Cubs are going to lose and whatnot).
rocki wrote: The 'Necks, however are another story. We all know they can do it, and USD ain't no NDSU or SDSU. I feel Coach Fisher can get them to channel their emotions into precision play. The way we came out second half against NDSU and held them bodes well for today's game, I think. Finish out the plays we left on the field last week, and we're set.

Ready to skin some Coyotes? I am!
Yea, they can do it, and I think they will, but we've just had too many close games against both very good teams and very "mediocre" teams....so it could easily be much closer than I'd like it to be.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

Bite your tongue, Scott. They've got to put 4 quarters together sometime - might as well start today. ;)
yokedneck

Queue Eminem

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[thinkpurple]Leatherneck Football[/thinkpurple]
rocki

Looking good!!!

Someone on the Coyotes message board said their crowd doesn't look too good - so, shout 'em down!!!!! :D
yokedneck

Scott's post has me nervous, excited, pumped after living thru this with the 'necks and Royals last year.

Diffinite edge to this game walking in with fans and parents.

Warm ups are loud and intense on the Leathernecks end.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[thinkpurple]Leatherneck Football[/thinkpurple]
rocki

Can you tell I'm anxiously awaiting game time? Hanging out on here to read any and all updates until it comes on. :lol:
OldHare

rocki wrote:Can you tell I'm anxiously awaiting game time? Hanging out on here to read any and all updates until it comes on. :lol:
Midco has the game on in SD. They are doing the Leatherneck game story next.
rocki

Cool.

Good luck to the Jackrabbits today!