WIU at South Dakota (10/29/2016)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sorry, didn't mean to freak anyone else out.

How about this...I'm tired of close exciting games...I'm ready for us to blow someone out. Let's do it today.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
JoeWx21

I think it's time to take Sean out. He is making dumb decisions on his pass selection, and keeps staring down his receivers. Also the defense needs to get the guys out of the box and go zone to defend the pass. Way too many deep passes.
sealhall74

JoeWx21 wrote:I think it's time to take Sean out. He is making dumb decisions on his pass selection, and keeps staring down his receivers. Also the defense needs to get the guys out of the box and go zone to defend the pass. Way too many deep passes.
Our identity is supposed to be running the ball. Hard to do that giving the defense vanilla looks/single back stuff all day long. Defense adjusts. So must the offense.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

I'd be ok with a Qb change to see if it sparks, nut Norvell has done plenty of staring down receivers in his career.

Don't even care about the deep balls as they're at least very good throws, but they can't make a 3rd down stop. Been like that all year and they need to make some if they want to win this game or anymore.
sealhall74

McGuire can keep the defense a bit honest with his feet. We saw it last week. Not so much today.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Come on boys, let's "Fisher" coach Fisher. Put him in a tight spot down the stretch to fold.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

letsgonecks wrote:Come on boys, let's "Fisher" coach Fisher. Put him in a tight spot down the stretch to fold.
You mean Nielson?
LWE2012

Well the QB is an issue but not as bad as their DBs (#12&21) are not ready for this stage as freshmen
LWE2012

And the offensive play calling is their other issue!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ST_Lawson wrote:Yea, they can do it, and I think they will, but we've just had too many close games against both very good teams and very "mediocre" teams....so it could easily be much closer than I'd like it to be.
Jesus guys....you really are trying to give me a heart attack, aren't you?