WIU at Southern Illinois (11/19/2016)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I'll be over in the chat (http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/app.php/chat) off and on throughout the game for anyone who's around online during the game.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
yokedneck

Ten minutes to kick there's maybe two thousand people here. Please let us get up early.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[thinkpurple]Leatherneck Football[/thinkpurple]
sealhall74

Well, here we go again. Down early. If we cant run the ball to control the clock, this is over.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Necks2003

I wonder if the defense wants to play today. No pressure on the QB and a lack of coverage is going to make for a long day. Hopefully things get turned around quickly.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Last week it was the scoreboard not working. This week it's the radio broadcast not working (sounds like skype keeps dropping out for them).

Can we maybe not have these issues? What the heck is going on. I realize that skype is probably cheaper, but when I was running the sound board for football broadcasts, they'd call in with a cell phone, but also have a backup phone ready to go if the first one went down.
vatusay

This defense is absolutely pathetic. No reason for this DC to be on the staff next year.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Western_101

I have been a 'Neck fan for life. I am 42 years old, I lost my job this year to a chronic illness, I lost my Brother in law this year to Cancer.

I went and Threw up in the bathroom. I have not been drinking. I feel as if someone in my family died. I also feel shame and embarrassment. I have wasted so many hours and days of my life obsessed with Leatherneck football.

With what time I have left I can not shoulder the heartache anymore. God bless these young men, they are fine young men, I just cant allow anymore time I have left to make me feel this bad.

Scott, you have been wonderful. Please delete my account Sir. Best wishes to all of the amazing posters on this board.

Respectfully Henry, aka Redneck.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yes, this game sucked, but we need to back off the ledge. Horrible collapse at the end of the season, but two straight winning seasons. One trip the playoffs. A win over FBS NIU. I've survived a 1-win season. This sucks, but it's not a 1-win season.
JoeWx21

Let's give a round of applause for the epic collapse of this team. Playoff exceptions are now gone. Had a 6-2:record just needing one win and lost 3 in a row. They abandoned the running game which made them successful in the beginning of the season, and the defense wasn't showing the pressure like they did before.

17 point lead and 4 TOs and couldn't win the game. They deserve this. Ever since the NDSU loss and USD win they were flat and done.
letsgonecks

I don't think you can blame the DC after 1 year. The issue is personnel. None of our CB's are close to being lock down and we don't have anyone that is close to being an effective/consistent pass rusher. With neither or at least one you're going to get beat.

Not saying some of the young CBs can't become very good, but not close now.

This team could have been a playoff team, but don't think they would have made it out the first round, unless we got another Pioneer League team. Still wish I had them to watch next week and the seniors had another game.

Did enjoy this year and had some good success, but just not there yet.

Here's to getting better, reloading, and winning a championship.