Coaching Changes

Leatherneck57

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:39 pm
LeatherCy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:29 pm Grantham was fired in January by Louisville. I'm surprised it took this long for him to find a job. He was making $300,000 at Louisville.
Was he fired due to poor performance, or was he just let go because their former DC (his brother) was hired away to Mississippi State and the new DC (who, incidentally, was the previous DC at Mississippi State) was wanting to clear out the old guys and get in some of his guys?
Exactly as you explain it Scott. Bobby Petrino wasn't about to let that happen. When I talked to Tony on Monday he knew that would happen.

It didn't take him long to find a job...Coach Fisher would have announced it way back in February but you have to follow the the rules and the hiring process we have in place.

He's a good coach and I look for our defense to be much improved with his schemes. We have way too much talent not to be good. Look for 3 or 4 of the incoming freshman to get some significant playing time this year on the defensive side. They're that good!

And don't be surprised if the same doesn't happen on the offensive side as well. We have some very talented skill players coming in.
huskie

"It didn't take him long to find a job...Coach Fisher would have announced it way back in February but you have to follow the the rules and the hiring process we have in place".

It must just be Western Illinois University's EOA office rules and not be Federal or State law. Illinois had Coach Underwood hired in less then 24 hours.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Different schools interpret the rules differently and weigh the potential ramifications differently.

Illinois can afford a six-figure settlement to a lawsuit. We cannot.

EDIT - also, staffing. Our office of equal opportunity and access is all of 3 people. Illinois has 15, plus people in the athletics department who's sole jobs are making sure they are in compliance with the various rules that are in place.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:44 pm Different schools interpret the rules differently and weigh the potential ramifications differently.

Illinois can afford a six-figure settlement to a lawsuit. We cannot.

EDIT - also, staffing. Our office of equal opportunity and access is all of 3 people. Illinois has 15, plus people in the athletics department who's sole jobs are making sure they are in compliance with the various rules that are in place.
But UofI is about 5 times as big in total, plus far more sports, etc., so I really don't think lack of staffing is what slows us down. Historically, WIU has been very slow in these issues, plus quite anal about "rules."
NIU#1FBinIL

wiu712 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:10 pm
NIU#1FBinIL wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:25 pmCan anyone give me any insight/opinions on former Coach Steve Crutchley?
Here is his webpage from our 2015 Football roster:
http://www.goleathernecks.com/coaches.a ... h=football
Thanks for the link.