Coaching Changes

rocki

I see spring practice starts March 23rd, and the spring game is April 21st. Has anyone heard anything on the coaching front?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:38 pm I see spring practice starts March 23rd, and the spring game is April 21st. Has anyone heard anything on the coaching front?
Heard rumblings and rumors, but nothing I can actually comment on at this point. There is definitely action on this front, though. I actually expected to hear something official this week, but they might be working out a few final contract details or something. I'd expect something fairly soon though.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Lynx

Anyone think today is the day they announce the new defensive coaching staff? Is it possible the Athletic department is holding off any announcement till after the Summit Tournament?

Another possibility could be the EOA or Equal Opportunity Office is holding things up? I'm guessing that's not the case since Athletic offices around the country seem to hire and fire coaches at a moments notice.

Or maybe the football office just hasn't found the right fit yet?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Maybe they're going to wait until Wednesday next week so they can discuss it on the special edition of the radio show: http://goleathernecks.com/news/2017/3/3 ... esday.aspx
letsgonecks

Waiting for them to announce Bryan Cox as the DC. Probably a big pay cut from NFL DL coach to FCS DC, but would give him his first DC job.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

letsgonecks wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:25 pm Waiting for them to announce Bryan Cox as the DC. Probably a big pay cut from NFL DL coach to FCS DC, but would give him his first DC job.
I doubt Bryan Cox (although that'd be awesome), but my best guess at this point is a Leatherneck Football alumnus. I will say I don't know anything for sure though.
vatusay

Oh man Bryan cox would be an amazing hire. His unit played lights out in the super bowl. He got a raw deal down in ATL.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

vatusay wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:16 pm Oh man Bryan cox would be an amazing hire. His unit played lights out in the super bowl. He got a raw deal down in ATL.
I agree on all points. Barring some insane incentive or him just REALLY wanting to get "back to his roots", I don't really see it though. He's good enough to stay in the NFL somewhere. I mean...they did win the NFC, beat Rodgers in the playoffs...not something that's easy to do usually.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Don't forget, tonight at 6 PM they're having a special edition of the Charlie Fisher Radio show: http://www.goleathernecks.com/news/2017 ... esday.aspx

Article says they'll talk about:
  • National Signing Day
  • Spring practices/Spring Game
  • 2017 Football Season
I wonder if they'll mention anything about the coaching changes.
leatherneckcountry

i cant get it on my phone or computer