Football Recruits - 2018

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:54 am Exciting day! Some great Kids and Players in this group!

But we ain't done yet...

[tweet][/tweet]

11 signees so far, 3 left that we have seen verbal commitments from but haven't heard from today (again, could still be doing some signing events later today or over the next two days...early signing period goes until Friday).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

[tweet][/tweet]
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

The next Jaelon Acklin?...could be...definitely gives me that vibe from watching his highlights.
[tweet][/tweet]
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:52 pm The next Jaelon Acklin?...could be...definitely gives me that vibe from watching his highlights.
[tweet][/tweet]
I don’t remember hearing about him was he a late add or did I just miss him.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:57 pm I don’t remember hearing about him was he a late add or did I just miss him.
Late add, I didn't know anything about him until earlier today. He's from the same JUCO as another guy that we were looking at (Butler CC in El Dorado, KS), so maybe he was a late discovery while our coaches were down there. Butler is one of those JUCO's that gets a lot of guys going to DI. They had 10 guys sign with DI schools today (and another two with very high-quality DII schools):
[tweet][/tweet]

He does very much remind me of Jaelon Acklin in the way he's able to make plays happen. He's got good height, is fast, even looks like the offense they run is similar to ours...lots of plays that look a LOT like we saw this last season with McGuire->Acklin. Hard to say if it'll translate to the DI level, but he looks very promising. You can check out his highlights from this last season here: http://www.hudl.com/v/288KTf
leatherneckcountry

Looks like they ran a lot of Jet Sweeps with him.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:34 pm Looks like they ran a lot of Jet Sweeps with him.
I noticed that too. Also, looks like he's a halfway decent blocker.
GV Dad

Do you know if they are planning a press Conf for the early signing period? Are they waiting until the period ends, I think Friday?
wiu712

Signing Day: WIU inks 13 on first early signing day.

From WGEM Sports:
http://www.wgem.com/story/37114401/2017 ... igning-day
letsgonecks

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:10 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:57 pm I don’t remember hearing about him was he a late add or did I just miss him.
Late add, I didn't know anything about him until earlier today. He's from the same JUCO as another guy that we were looking at (Butler CC in El Dorado, KS), so maybe he was a late discovery while our coaches were down there. Butler is one of those JUCO's that gets a lot of guys going to DI. They had 10 guys sign with DI schools today (and another two with very high-quality DII schools):
[tweet][/tweet]

He does very much remind me of Jaelon Acklin in the way he's able to make plays happen. He's got good height, is fast, even looks like the offense they run is similar to ours...lots of plays that look a LOT like we saw this last season with McGuire->Acklin. Hard to say if it'll translate to the DI level, but he looks very promising. You can check out his highlights from this last season here: http://www.hudl.com/v/288KTf
Here's the skinny on Brunner. Rivals had him with offers out of HS from North Texas and South Carolina State. Ended up walking on and redshirting at Western Kentucky in 2015 and left the program during the 2016 season.