Football Recruits - 2018

GV Dad

Hey Scott, Ben Becker is now a Missouri State commit.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:18 pm Hey Scott, Ben Becker is now a Missouri State commit.
Thanks. I've updated that on my list as well as added a couple more guys that I've been notified about. An O-lineman from LaSalle-Peru who has verbally committed and another O-lineman from Grundy Center, IA with offers from UNI, ILSU, and SDSU.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

I can usually find "The List" but it takes a while.

Suggestion: embed or link the spreadsheet in the first post for each recruiting year and if there is such a thing as a "sticky" POST (documentation says there is), make it sticky. A sticky link to it under Football, Men's Basketball, etc sections would also be nice.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 am I can usually find "The List" but it takes a while.

Suggestion: embed or link the spreadsheet in the first post for each recruiting year and if there is such a thing as a "sticky" POST (documentation says there is), make it sticky. A sticky link to it under Football, Men's Basketball, etc sections would also be nice.
You got it.

Link in bold and larger font at the top of the first post of the thread: http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/ ... 743#p14743

There's a way to stick a topic (thread) to the top of a forum, but there's not really an easy way to stick a post at the top of a thread (other than manually digging into the mysql and resetting the post date.

I also moved the recruits thread to the football forum, leaving a "shadow copy" in the recruiting forum, so you can get to it from either place.
meganeck

Interesting WIU just got a commitment from a JUCO QB
GV Dad

Tristan Pfeiffer committed tonight. He's announcing in the morning.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:42 pm Tristan Pfeiffer committed tonight. He's announcing in the morning.
Great to hear, congrats.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:08 pm Interesting WIU just got a commitment from a JUCO QB
Trey McJunkin (yeah, that's his real name) is a redshirt freshman QB at Fresno City College (Fresno, CA).
http://fresnocc.prestosports.com/sports ... _trey_wr2y

He had pretty good numbers this last season. It looks like he'll be considered a sophomore next year and will likely compete with a few other guys for the starting job after McGuire finishes up.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Updated the spreadsheet with some more info and an offer to a LB at Glenbard South in Glen Ellyn, IL.

Also, if you're curious as to the areas we're doing most of our recruiting, here's that info mapped out: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nh460 ... sp=sharing
tjk1985

leatherneckcountry wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:16 pm Congrats to TJ and your family welcome to the Leatherneck family I think he will really like coach Fisher.
Thanks! We are very happy with his decision and can't wait for football season!!