Football Recruits - 2018

Leatherneck57

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:03 pm LaQuay Brown's page says he is a WIU grad student.
Yes...he’s on campus and enrolled in classes this semester. He’s 6’3 245 TE...

LN57
meganeck

GV Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:57 am
Neckfansince71 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:29 am GV Dad, just curious? What made this such a great visit? What is our staff doing right? ;) jc
They treated us all like family, from the time we got there. Fed us constantly. The Coaches drove us in vans everywhere we went. The staff are a very genuinely friendly group. Always made us feel at ease. They had a group of players talk with us Friday night. A very impressive group of young me. Got to met the owner of Chubbys and Sportscorner. Both very friendly and welcoming. Can't wait to get back for Spring game.
For the kids, they all had a player host. My son had Kyle Williams, and we all loved him. Such a good kid. They also had a photo shoot and got to try on uniforms. The kids are that up! And their player hosts got into it about as much as the kids did. :-). All in all a great weekend. My son didnt want to leave today, and honestly I really didn't either. We thought we were before, but I can honestly say we are now truly a Leatherneck family!
that is awesome to hear, thanks for the insight. Did they give you any idea on when coaching staff additions might be announced?
GV Dad

meganeck wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:57 pm
Neckfansince71 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:29 am GV Dad, just curious? What made this such a great visit? What is our staff doing right? ;) jc
They treated us all like family, from the time we got there. Fed us constantly. The Coaches drove us in vans everywhere we went. The staff are a very genuinely friendly group. Always made us feel at ease. They had a group of players talk with us Friday night. A very impressive group of young me. Got to met the owner of Chubbys and Sportscorner. Both very friendly and welcoming. Can't wait to get back for Spring game.
For the kids, they all had a player host. My son had Kyle Williams, and we all loved him. Such a good kid. They also had a photo shoot and got to try on uniforms. The kids are that up! And their player hosts got into it about as much as the kids did. :-). All in all a great weekend. My son didnt want to leave today, and honestly I really didn't either. We thought we were before, but I can honestly say we are now truly a Leatherneck family!
that is awesome to hear, thanks for the insight. Did they give you any idea on when coaching staff additions might be announced?
They couldn't tell us, but sounds like soon. Tying up loose ends and approvals.
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:03 pm LaQuay Brown's page says he is a WIU grad student.
Brown is a grad transfer from Coastal Carolina
meganeck

GV Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:11 pm
meganeck wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:57 pm

They couldn't tell us, but sounds like soon. Tying up loose ends and approvals.
thank you
wiu51

meganeck wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:12 pm
If you can't beat'em join'em.
leatherneckcountry

wiu51 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:03 pm
meganeck wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:12 pm
If you can't beat'em join'em.
Yeah he’s on the list it just didn’t have him as committed
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Brajhon Crenshaw, 6'2" 180lb CB from Dodge City Community College (Dodge City, KS)
https://www.hudl.com/profile/7326441/Brajhon-Crenshaw
[tweet][/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Jack Murphy, 6'9" 280lb, T/TE
Rockhurst HS, Kansas City, MO
http://www.hudl.com/profile/5565495/Jack-Murphy

[tweet][/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:48 am Jack Murphy, 6'9" 280lb, T/TE
Rockhurst HS, Kansas City, MO
http://www.hudl.com/profile/5565495/Jack-Murphy

[tweet][/tweet]
Would love to get a pipeline started from Rockhurst to Macomb! Lot's of talent there every year.