DeMarcko Butler Fired at Baylor

LeatherCy

DeMarcko Butler didn't last long at Baylor. Fired for inappropriate text messages sent to a female teenager!!
vatusay

Wow.

Brilliant!
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Ho....leeee......crap.

So, is there like something in the water down there or what? You show up and immediately start doing inappropriate things?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

[youtube][/youtube]
meganeck

Not a good look definitely, but they did say technically the girl he was texting with is considered an adult under Texas law. Not excusing what he did, just pointing out a tidbit in the story I read.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:06 pm Not a good look definitely, but they did say technically the girl he was texting with is considered an adult under Texas law. Not excusing what he did, just pointing out a tidbit in the story I read.
This is correct. He didn't technically break any laws, but Baylor really needs to avoid ANY appearance of going easy on this type of behavior if they ever want to get things turned around there. My wife had a thought about this too...I wonder if the girl he was texting with is actually someone here in Macomb, since he'd only been down there for a month. Just FYI, age of consent is 17 in both Illinois and Texas.
leatherface

The bottom line is Baylor- because of the most recent athletic scandals- is fighting for it's reputation among other things. That equals zero tolerance of any possible behavior which might bring unwanted attention back to the school. The biggest surprise is, why would anyone put themselves in a questionable position knowing the current climate at Baylor? That's what amazes me.