2017 Roster Updates

leatherneckcountry

GV Dad wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:45 pm Any idea what is up with Bailey? He was doing good things in camp, I thought he was going to have a great career at WIU.
gotta several good young running backs plus i think him and Mcshane little brother are similar players with McShane being a bit better.
GV Dad

Too bad. It will be interesting to see where he winds up. I know his old HS Coach is now with Missouri Western. That may be a potential spot.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:45 pm Any idea what is up with Bailey? He was doing good things in camp, I thought he was going to have a great career at WIU.
Don't know personally. I can't find his twitter account to try to get some clue (too common of a name, apparently).
My best wild and possibly entirely way off the mark guess is that he's a RB in a group of really good RB's. Steve McShane, Max Norris, Clint Ratkovich...then in a year or two...Deion McShane. My guess is that he saw all those guys and realized he likely wasn't going to get a lot of playing time over the next few years and figured it'd be better to transfer somewhere.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:22 pm Too bad. It will be interesting to see where he winds up. I know his old HS Coach is now with Missouri Western. That may be a potential spot.
I know the guy who was the O-Line coach at Missouri Western up until the end of the 2016 season (Andy Ball, son of former WIU and Missouri State HC Randy Ball). He was named a HC at St. Joseph's Central HS back in January though.

Missouri Western plays in the MIAA...which, for a DII conference, has some REALLY good football teams...NW Missouri State, Pittsburg State, etc. Since 2004, only three DII championship games have not had a MIAA team in them.
(you probably already know that, but I'm just making the comment for those who might not be aware)

Also, thanks for the twitter link. Looks like he has a friend who just committed to Missouri Western as well, so that seems like a pretty likely location where he might end up.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

Yes, the MIAA is really good football. They have 12 member school though, so they don't get tests in the Non Conf, since they play all Conf games until playoffs.