Player Discipline?

Neckerchief

Nine players on the current football roster were charged with “Criminal Trespass to Real Property” on 6/13/2017. Does anyone know the story behind this?

Will Coach Fisher discipline these players? Could have a big impact since many of the players are starters/captains.
sealhall74

Maybe sneaking into Western Hall after hours and using the weight room? Fingers crossed it is nothing too serious.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU11DC

do we know which players were arrested?
leatherface

If proven- get rid of them. Make a point for the future. Western alumni and students shouldn't be embarrassesd by that type of behavior.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Neckerchief wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:22 am Nine players on the current football roster were charged with “Criminal Trespass to Real Property” on 6/13/2017. Does anyone know the story behind this?

Will Coach Fisher discipline these players? Could have a big impact since many of the players are starters/captains.
I haven't heard anything about this. Where did you find out/hear about it?
I scanned through the local police reports and didn't find anything.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckerchief

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:37 pm
I haven't heard anything about this. Where did you find out/hear about it?
I scanned through the local police reports and didn't find anything.
Scott, I got this information from a very reliable source. I checked WIU's Clery report, but didn't see anything, so it must have happened off campus.

My initial thoughts were very similar to sealhall74 -- that these guys were on the football field late at night or something. But the charge is "criminal trespass", so I don't know what to think. I was hoping that someone heard about this and knows what is going on.

I have the list of names, but I don't want to post them yet. Of course, all suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that I didn't believe you. I do...I was just curious if you saw it in any place that I could look it up and go try to find out what might have happened.

I'll keep an eye on the news and stuff and let you guys know if I see anything. I doubt that working out on the football field at night or something would be cause for getting arrested. They leave the gates open nearly all the time and it's open for pretty much anyone to work out at/on pretty much any time. I've gone to the track myself to do some after-dark speed workout stuff at times and you'll occasionally see other people out there doing drills on the field, running/walking laps, etc...employees, local residents, students, and student-athletes. I could see breaking into a weight room or something being a problem though. Hopefully it's just something like that with them being a bit overly "ambitious" in their workouts/training and not anything serious.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
huskie

Neckerchief your source should have also told you the case had already been resolved a week ago.
Neckerchief

Thanks huskie. Glad to hear that the situation is cleared up. Do you have additional information? Charges dropped?