WIU at Tennessee Tech (8/31/17)

leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:23 pm Anybody heard anything about McShane's injury? I haven't heard anything yet myself. I know that Norris did a great job last night, but I'd hate not having both available when we hit MVFC time. I'm hoping it's more of a sprain or twisted ankle or something rather than some kind of break or a knee injury.
I agree you need that 1 2 punch and we don't have another back like McShane and we need a great running game cause are passing was less than overwhelming.
wiu712

Leathernecks take football season opener.

From today's Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/38506/sports ... on-opener/
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Periscope video from last night's Charlie Fisher Show from BWW: https://www.pscp.tv/WIUfootball/1kvKpjWeWggJE
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

I listened to most of the show last night, but missed any discussion about Steve McShane. Can anybody fill me in? Thanks!!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:30 am I listened to most of the show last night, but missed any discussion about Steve McShane. Can anybody fill me in? Thanks!!
I didn't hear any mention of him. Hopefully no news is good news, but I don't know at this point.
rocki

Thanks! No denying McShane is much needed, but I think (just from listening to the game and the analysts) that Vic Johnson could develop into another very good RB. More the style of Max Norris, maybe. Hope all is well now with Steve - he is really fun to watch!!! (And I hope the video feed this week is way better than the one last week!!!)
letsgonecks

Would love to see some highlights from last week, since the feed was garbage. If TTU has footage for a video, how do we not? Don't we usually film our games separately anyways? The next week highlights usually looked different from the ESPN3 video. Need my fix.....can't wait till Saturday.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

letsgonecks wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:02 pm Would love to see some highlights from last week, since the feed was garbage. If TTU has footage for a video, how do we not? Don't we usually film our games separately anyways? The next week highlights usually looked different from the ESPN3 video. Need my fix.....can't wait till Saturday.
Athletics has some on the football facebook page:
[BBvideo=853,480][/BBvideo]
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

And an update on Steve McShane:
[tweet][/tweet]

It sounds like they might play it safe this weekend, knowing that NAU doesn't have a great defense and that our other guys should be able to handle it. I'm good with him sitting this game, then we have the bye week, then having him come back "full-strength" for the Coastal Carolina game, when we might REALLY need him. That'd be 23 days from when it was injured, which should be enough to heal up from a sprained ankle generally.
letsgonecks

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:17 pm
letsgonecks wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:02 pm Would love to see some highlights from last week, since the feed was garbage. If TTU has footage for a video, how do we not? Don't we usually film our games separately anyways? The next week highlights usually looked different from the ESPN3 video. Need my fix.....can't wait till Saturday.

That's what I've been wanting. Usually have it posted on twitter and with no facebook, I'm left in the dark. Thanks for sharing.