WIU at Tennessee Tech (8/31/17)

rocki

Anybody heard how things are going in Tennessee? Haven't heard from Leatherneck57 in ages, and yokedneck "graduated" last year - miss their inside commentaries about injuries, team spirit, energy, and the like.

Any inside updates, please post. Thanks!!!!
sealhall74

Well folks, we are down to 0. Time to get serious but it is Thursday, so here is another Throwback Thursday Trivia question to help pass the time until kickoff. Our game tonight is against Tennessee Tech which is located in Cookeville, TN, the county seat for Putnam County. Putnam County was the site of several saltpeter (potassium nitrate) mines dating all the way back to the War of 1812. Saltpeter is the main ingredient of gunpowder.

Additionally, saltpeter has been used for all of the following except which one and there might be considerable debate about it?

A. A topically agent to ease the pain of sensitive teeth and so is an ingredient in some toothpastes.
B. Treatment of asthma.
C. Treatment of hypertension.
D. Ingredient for fire extinguishers.
E. Making glass.
F. Storage medium for thermal energy.and to make Concentrating Solar Power plants more efficient.
G. Fertilizer for crops that are intolerant of chlorides like potatoes, beans, and onions.
H. Food preservative.
I. Suppression of the male libido during stressful times like military basic training.

Ooops, wrong thread but I am going with it. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:51 am Well folks, we are down to 0. Time to get serious...
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

I believe that would be "I". No personal experience, but I read a lot. :lol:
leatherneckcountry

Wish it was a home game but so happy football is back wanted to say we are so lucky after being on a couple of other boards we are fortunate not to have a delusional administrator.
rocki

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:50 am Wish it was a home game but so happy football is back wanted to say we are so lucky after being on a couple of other boards we are fortunate not to have a delusional administrator.
Which boards? Sounds interesting!
leatherneckcountry

rocki wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:29 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:50 am Wish it was a home game but so happy football is back wanted to say we are so lucky after being on a couple of other boards we are fortunate not to have a delusional administrator.
Which boards? Sounds interesting!
USD
rocki

sounds fun - gotta check it out. :lol:
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin