WIU at Tennessee Tech (8/31/17)

rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:18 pm And an update on Steve McShane:
[tweet][/tweet]

It sounds like they might play it safe this weekend, knowing that NAU doesn't have a great defense and that our other guys should be able to handle it. I'm good with him sitting this game, then we have the bye week, then having him come back "full-strength" for the Coastal Carolina game, when we might REALLY need him. That'd be 23 days from when it was injured, which should be enough to heal up from a sprained ankle generally.
Exactly. Better to take the time off now and be ready for MVFC games.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:29 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:18 pm And an update on Steve McShane:
[tweet][/tweet]

It sounds like they might play it safe this weekend, knowing that NAU doesn't have a great defense and that our other guys should be able to handle it. I'm good with him sitting this game, then we have the bye week, then having him come back "full-strength" for the Coastal Carolina game, when we might REALLY need him. That'd be 23 days from when it was injured, which should be enough to heal up from a sprained ankle generally.
Exactly. Better to take the time off now and be ready for MVFC games.
Plus, if they just call it "week to week" rather than "ready to play" or "for sure out for this game", then NAU has a little more difficulty planning...do they have to plan to defend McShane?...if he's essentially at 80%, does that change things?...if they know one way or the other, it's easier to plan. Personally, I'm 100% confident in Norris/Vic Johnson/Saunders to get the job done against NAU, so I see no reason to have to play McShane, but I understand the desire to be kinda "cagey" about it for game planning purposes.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

Absolutely, Scott. It is nice to have the backing we do for Steve, for sure. I was also glad to hear Jaelon Acklin's name a lot Saturday - he was pretty quiet last year after having a decent year in fall of '15. Didn't hear much out of Lesure, either. I kind of got the sense they were trying to see how many different weapons we had to keep future opponents guessing. I'm sure nobody (including me) expected to see Khalen busting through the line. Thoroughly enjoyed that one!!