Coastal Trip!!!

Neckfansince71

So we are leaving with the team at 1:00 pm. Friday, from the Quadcities Airport. I was sent the trip schedule and to tell you the truth, almost every minute is planned for our players!!!! I get the feeling that things are all business once the bus takes off from Macomb. We will meet the team at the airport at 11:30 am. and will fly on a charter flight. If you don't mind, I will supply you with our "experiences" along the way. My only concern is arriving back at the airport at 1:30 am. Sunday morning and the 2+ hour trip home to the suburbs, but coffee and diet coke will keep us safe!!! Let me know if you have any questions! Should be both fun and eye opening!!! ;) jc
sealhall74

NFS71, you will be beating me into Myrtle by about an hour. I am still debating whether to come to game with the "Purple Camo and Spit-Shined Combat Boots" look. That did not work well last time there - my feet were sore for a week from those boots as I had to do a fair amount of walking to navigate the campus. Should be a fun weekend. Not flying out til Monday AM.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

Team headquarters is the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center! ;) jc
WIU11DC

Ill be making the trip down from DC. I am spending Thursday and Friday in Charleston though and then driving up to MB Saturday morning. I bought tickets through the alumni association and I've never done that before. Will I get an email with where the tailgate is and how to get my tickets too? I emailed the alumni office and haven't heard back from them. Most of these tailgates have a cash bar too, right?
wiu712

WIU11DC wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:49 pmI bought tickets through the alumni association and I've never done that before. Will I get an email with where the tailgate is and how to get my tickets too?
At past games, the Alumni Association staff hand out the game tickets at the Pre-Game Social. So I imagine that is where you will pickup your tickets. The Alumni website says that there will be a cash bar: http://www.wiu.edu/users/webcal/index.sphp?id=30953

Their phone number is listed there as well. So you can call them if you don't get a reply to your e-mail.
Tere North

Neckfansince71 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:06 pm So we are leaving with the team at 1:00 pm. Friday, from the Quadcities Airport. I was sent the trip schedule and to tell you the truth, almost every minute is planned for our players!!!! I get the feeling that things are all business once the bus takes off from Macomb. We will meet the team at the airport at 11:30 am. and will fly on a charter flight. If you don't mind, I will supply you with our "experiences" along the way. My only concern is arriving back at the airport at 1:30 am. Sunday morning and the 2+ hour trip home to the suburbs, but coffee and diet coke will keep us safe!!! Let me know if you have any questions! Should be both fun and eye opening!!! ;) jc
We went on the Flagstaff trip and had a blast. The sideline experience is "scary great."

Back at 1:30am. You've got it made. For Flagstaff, we were supposed to land in Moline at 1:30am, but the pilots decided they couldn't take off with a full load of fuel and had to stop to refuel. Now, me, I figured, OK, someplace inbetween Flagstaff and Moline. Say maybe Albuquerque. But no, the pilots flew us all the way down to Phoenix just to get gas. Got into Macomb at 5:30am.
rocki

Can't wait to hear updates to your story!!!