WIU vs South Dakota (9/30/17) - HOMECOMING!!!

sealhall74

If I were a betting man, I would bet that Matt et. al. are only counting actual tickets sold. That is the only number that has a backbone with indisputable evidence behind it. Unless you have turnstyles or ticket reader devices in place at every entrance, you cant really do any better than that.

Add some turnstyles to the TODO list just behind the new speakers. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Check_Down wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:53 pmIs our P.A. anouncer a freshman?
Don't know for sure, but the PA announcer sounded like Danny Frey. He is the radio announcer for Women's Basketball. He also hosts a weekly Sports show on WIUS Radio (88.3 FM).

The speakers on the light poles were probably put on back in the early 2000's when the new lighting system was installed. By using both the speakers on the light poles and the big speaker in the north endzone, there was a very annoying echo. Might be better to turn off the speakers on the light poles and just use the one in the endzone.

The only way to avoid having to look into the sun for those on the east side would be to have either a 1PM start or a night game. A 3PM start time means people will be looking into the sun.

The ticket takers used to have count clickers to record those who enter without a paper ticket. But I don't know if they were in use yesterday.
letsgonecks

Necks2003 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:10 pm I wonder which stupid tie Nielson will wear today.

I wonder how many times their QB will look to the sideline to change the play before they snap the ball. I am just glad we only have to watch Nielsons offense once a year going forward. Painful and awkward to watch.
Glad we only have to see Bob's Cutleresq facial expressions now once a year. With that being said, he had a great game plan and liked his aggressiveness. Far cry from what we got from him at WIU, but probably has more faith in his current squad and for good reason.

They have a really solid team and another tough test next week, like most games in the valley.

Horrible 2 1/2 quarters, but great comeback, wish they could completed a pass or 2 the last drive and setup a final play for a chance to win.

Let's rebound and blowout the UNI Dome next week.
wiu712

No. 10 South Dakota Coyotes improve to 4-0 with win over No. 16 Western Illinois.

From the Sioux Falls Argus-Leader:
http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports ... 715883001/
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

One other note about attendance, at least at tailgating. Now, I don't usually spend a lot of time over at the tailgate area, but does it happen often that Q-Lot is closed because it's full? Because other than just a few spots over in the Leatherneck Club area, it was closed.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
LocalYokelFan

You'll never have an accurate attendance count when people - with or without tickets - can come and go as they please. There's a big chain link fence with a large rolling gate right on by the donors area of Q-Lot. Most of the time, including yesterday up until kick-off, it is not locked or even chained together. 100s, if not more, just come and go through that spot uncounted. Even when they finally locked it, people just go under or in some cases over it.

Tailgating was shut down during the 2nd half of the game because of problems going on in the student section of the tailgate. Not a good look for OPS to have to come by and tell the donors to wind down there tailgates because things got out of hand on the other side of Q-Lot. The students should be embarrassed on how Q-Lot looked after the game. I'm all for kids getting a little crazy during Homecoming, but what I saw driving out after the game was a part of the student body that had no regard for their campus or community.

I thought it was an overall sad day for WIU, particularly considering so many of us were so excited coming into it. Let's all do what we can to raise the bar a little bit.
leatherneckcountry

LocalYokelFan wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:49 pm You'll never have an accurate attendance count when people - with or without tickets - can come and go as they please. There's a big chain link fence with a large rolling gate right on by the donors area of Q-Lot. Most of the time, including yesterday up until kick-off, it is not locked or even chained together. 100s, if not more, just come and go through that spot uncounted. Even when they finally locked it, people just go under or in some cases over it.

Tailgating was shut down during the 2nd half of the game because of problems going on in the student section of the tailgate. Not a good look for OPS to have to come by and tell the donors to wind down there tailgates because things got out of hand on the other side of Q-Lot. The students should be embarrassed on how Q-Lot looked after the game. I'm all for kids getting a little crazy during Homecoming, but what I saw driving out after the game was a part of the student body that had no regard for their campus or community.

I thought it was an overall sad day for WIU, particularly considering so many of us were so excited coming into it. Let's all do what we can to raise the bar a little bit.
It was closed well before the game started so nice try as for the tailgating it self it was one of the calmer ones ive seen we were right behind the vets club the last 2 homecoming's and they were much better this year.
LocalYokelFan

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:24 pm
LocalYokelFan wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:49 pm You'll never have an accurate attendance count when people - with or without tickets - can come and go as they please. There's a big chain link fence with a large rolling gate right on by the donors area of Q-Lot. Most of the time, including yesterday up until kick-off, it is not locked or even chained together. 100s, if not more, just come and go through that spot uncounted. Even when they finally locked it, people just go under or in some cases over it.

It was closed well before the game started so nice try as for the tailgating it self it was one of the calmer ones ive seen we were right behind the vets club the last 2 homecoming's and they were much better this year.
That's just not true. I tailgate right there and it was not locked until after kickoff. At times it was pushed closed but not locked. So, go figure, people pushed it open and walked through. Anyone have a picture of the eastern half of Q-Lot about 6 or 7 PM last night? If so, please post. If this is acceptable like LNC claims, congratulations, you're part of the problem.
leatherneckcountry

LocalYokelFan wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:30 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:24 pm

That's just not true. I tailgate right there and it was not locked until after kickoff. At times it was pushed closed but not locked. So, go figure, people pushed it open and walked through. Anyone have a picture of the eastern half of Q-Lot about 6 or 7 PM last night? If so, please post. If this is acceptable like LNC claims, congratulations, you're part of the problem.
it's always been that way i was talking about the tailgating lot being closed before the but i'm sure you were a little distracted with your man crush being in town yesterday.
LocalYokelFan

Let me slow this down, maybe certain people are still recovering for yesterday.

Q-Lot was "closed" prior to kickoff because it was full - ie, no more room for people to park/set up new tailgates. Tailgating itself was "shut down" (or at least they asked people to) in the second half. This is against the published tailgating policy, which states that tailgating ends 30 minutes after the game ends. I asked the very friendly and professional OPS staff why they were trying to end tailgating early, and they simply stated, more or less, that they had multiple problems with students at the other end of the Q-Lot that resulted in the decision to end tailgating early. Not a great look.

And no doubt, big Nielson and crew fan, I think it was a mistake letting that staff get away. If you calling that a "man-crush" makes you feel like a bigger, better, cooler Leatherneck fan, keep at it. Doesn't bother me a lick.