Injuries

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I saw that Trey Dunkelberger posted this: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ1tWX9jvul/
I must have completely missed when he got injured. Anyone have any news or thoughts?

EDIT - it was originally a tweet...tweet was deleted. If the instagram post goes down too, it's a photo of him running with the ball in the USD game (it looks like) and the caption says "Praying this is not the end."
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

I don't remember many injuries - I remember Jaelon went down when he got hit and had a cramped leg later, but don't recall anyone else being down to the point of being helped off the field. However, I watched it on ESPN3. Maybe someone who was there recalls something I didn't catch?
rocki

What happened to leatherneck57? Haven't seen him post in ages, and he was usually up to date on what was going on with injuries and the like.
letsgonecks

Tough luck if he got hurt on his only reception and one for no gain. Hopefully all is well or makes a timely recovery.

Any word on Diggs? Banged up a few time the last two weeks. Seems to have a should injury , but fought through it a few times until he was out with his arm in a sling. Pretty sure it was him towards the end of the game.
rocki

Yeah, I think Diggs got whacked on that shoulder against NAU - could be wrong, but he was having problems with it in an earlier game.
letsgonecks

Looks like Moon missed the game with a thumb/hand injury.

Anyone know the details or timeline?
leatherneckcountry

Diggs didn’t play either
letsgonecks

Trey confirmed via Instagram that he tore his ACL. Tough luck and thought he could have given us a vertical seem option. Best of luck in his recovery and future.

Any word on Moon or Diggs? Moon looks to have a thumb injury and Diggs a shoulder or collar bone injury.

Hope to see them both on the field soon. Brott has given some good minutes in his career, but seemed out of place on more than one occasion last week.
meganeck

Last i saw Scott Holland tweeted they were 50/50 if they play this weekend and that was the beginning of the week.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

The article that wiu712 posted (http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... field-play) says:
Linebacker Quentin Moon (wrist) and safety Aaron Diggs (shoulder) each missed last Saturday’s game at Northern Iowa with injuries sustained in the South Dakota game.

And still early in the week, Fisher was not sure of either players’ status for Saturday.

“Both of them are 50-50,” he said. “It’s hard to say today, we’ll have to get through another day or two of practice, of the two of them, Moon probably has the best chance, but we won’t know just yet.”
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000