Charlie Fisher Show

Neckfansince71

I am not sure whether you tune or not for the "Charlie Fisher" show but as a football fan you have got to enjoy the review of events with Scott Kornberg and company. I get the feeling that Coach really gets offense which we have seen constantly displayed each week on the football field. For some reason I totally missed the "student body left - tight end to the right touchdown play. Love his use of the "jet sweep!" Acklin's touchdown resulted in Mcshane's TD off a fake jet. They also talked about Norris running "angry!" I like that kid. Got to know him a little on the Coastal trip and he is really determined. I called him the human "bowling ball!" And I have really grown to like "Kornberg on the call" each week. Gotta just love Dr. Cody's enthusiasm too!;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

[tweet][/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

[tweet][/tweet]
rocki

I did notice he said some of the changes in personnel were because he thought they needed to be stepped up a bit. FWIW, it did seem that Viti did some nice things against ISUr.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:08 pm I did notice he said some of the changes in personnel were because he thought they needed to be stepped up a bit. FWIW, it did seem that Viti did some nice things against ISUr.
Yup, and I also thought it was interesting where he was talking about having J'Len Smith fill in some for...I think Colin Olson. Wasn't so much that Olson wasn't doing well, but he was sick earlier this week, and he actually ended up doing better because he could more effectively give 100% to every play he was in on instead of maybe subconsciously holding back a little, knowing that he would be expected to perform at that level on every defensive play.

Plus it helps get Smith some experience for when he takes over as a full-time starter probably next year.
rocki

Actually I thought he said Pete Swenson was the one who had been sick. If I'm remembering that right, the substitution obviously worked to get the fire back in him, lol! Plus, it's giving the guys who will be taking over next year valuable experience.
leatherneckcountry

Yeah I think he said Pete and I would say it worked out pretty well I think J’Len has a chance to be very good
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sorry, yea...Swenson (I was just trying to work off of memory...and that didn't work so well).