WIU at North Dakota State (10/21/17)

letsgonecks

This game could come down to who protects their QB better. They're a run first team, like we try to be, but believe we can limit them and force them to pass. Stick moves well in the pocket and they have a great line, so we need to bring pressure and wrap him up. Mix-up the blitz packages on passing downs and play tight. I think we take chances on D here and not allow them to put together long drives and eventually putting up points like they typically do.

If blitzing and tight coverage at the corners gets us beat on a big play, we get the ball back and try the same with them. Lets air it out and force them to make plays on D as well. Don't think we can beat them grinding it out, but do think we can move the ball through the air and if we can force a mistake or two, we can win this game.

I thought at the beginning of the season this could be a National Championship team and we'll find out this weekend. Knew USD would be good this year, but didn't expected what they're doing so far. Thought SDSU was the only team we might not be able to beat, but they're not playing their best ball right now. NDSU will forever be the greatest FCS Dynasty and are likely the best team in the FCS this year, but think we can win up there, if we play our best ball.

WIU 28 (yes Bison fan's that's a lot of points) - NDSU 24
rocki

Interesting video I stole from AGS NDSU-WIU thread.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/bison-vi ... s-preview/
wiu712

NEW YEAR, NEW TEAM: Despite same start, Western expects different finish.
From today's McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... r-new-team

Western on the brink of greatness.
From today's Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/39143/sports ... greatness/
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

#44 Brett Taylor

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:06 pm #44 Brett Taylor

Acklin is #2 in the FCS in TDs and receiving yards per game. He was #1 in that second stat for a while, but dropped to #2 after last weekend when someone else had a huge game elsewhere.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Lakesbison

Dammit Leatherneck fans!! all these years I've been coming to your boards, and i've never once had to worry about your football team....

haha. Its gonna be a physical game, cant wait to go! if any of you make the trip, PM me, I got you hooked up for tailgating.

NDSU totally screwed up the youngstown game last week, bad coaching, horrible clock management, else its 21-7 NDSU after 1st drive in 2nd half.

serious question. did Neilson leave the cupboards full for your guys? or are you giving props to your new coach for the resurgence??
leatherneckcountry

Lakesbison wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:02 am Dammit Leatherneck fans!! all these years I've been coming to your boards, and i've never once had to worry about your football team....

haha. Its gonna be a physical game, cant wait to go! if any of you make the trip, PM me, I got you hooked up for tailgating.

NDSU totally screwed up the youngstown game last week, bad coaching, horrible clock management, else its 21-7 NDSU after 1st drive in 2nd half.

serious question. did Neilson leave the cupboards full for your guys? or are you giving props to your new coach for the resurgence??
Most of the offense and are LB's are Nielsen guys the dline is pretty split between the 2 along with db's special teams are fisher's guys and last week was really the 1st time since coach Fisher has been here that they were a problem which was something that Nielsen never seemed to really care about.
Lakesbison

that makes sense.. thanks for the explanation.

sounds like tailgating is gonna be crazy, 18,500 inside, 30,000 outside.

NDSU's QB ran alot last weekend, I don't see that happening 2 weeks in a row, NDSU really wants their RB's to start moving!
leatherneckcountry

Lakesbison wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:18 am that makes sense.. thanks for the explanation.

sounds like tailgating is gonna be crazy, 18,500 inside, 30,000 outside.

NDSU's QB ran alot last weekend, I don't see that happening 2 weeks in a row, NDSU really wants their RB's to start moving!
Yep like I said before if we are going to have a chance in this game it will be down to stopping the run it should be a good old fashion physical game. Nothing against Stick but I don't look at him like i look at guys like Streveler, McGuire, Straub, or Christion were they can basically win a game for you but he's also never going to lose you a game either.