WIU vs South Dakota State (10/28/17)

rocki

Watched the Charlie Fisher Show last night, and although I know this is water under the bridge, something he mentioned made me wonder how things might have been had there not been a bad call that came at a time we appeared to have some momentum going our way. Don't know if it would have changed the ultimate outcome, but would the game at least have been closer? Did it help to take some of the wind out of our sails?

Like I said, water under the bridge, the game is over and you can't change it now; but is there ever any "wiggle room" given (if heaven forbid, this comes down to a squeaker into getting in the playoffs at all) for officiating errors?

Just curious.
sealhall74

rocki wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:36 am Watched the Charlie Fisher Show last night, and although I know this is water under the bridge, something he mentioned made me wonder how things might have been had there not been a bad call that came at a time we appeared to have some momentum going our way. Don't know if it would have changed the ultimate outcome, but would the game at least have been closer? Did it help to take some of the wind out of our sails?

Like I said, water under the bridge, the game is over and you can't change it now; but is there ever any "wiggle room" given (if heaven forbid, this comes down to a squeaker into getting in the playoffs at all) for officiating errors?

Just curious.
Game might have been a TD closer but the Jacks pretty much dominated entire second half. Football is a very complicated game. Human errors are made on nearly every single play (blocking the wrong guy, running the wrong route, backs hitting the wrong hole, ...) If we suddenly became distracted after that play and lost focus, that is yet another human error. No way does a single bad officiating call change the outcome of most games. Does the NCAA computer ranking change much if we are one TD closer against SDSU? Probably not.
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

Thanks, Seal. I get the blown calls and all, but wondered if it ever added any significance when it was decided that it was, in fact, an error. (And I only know about this particular call because of the amount of attention it was given during the actual game as well as his reference to it last night. His main beef seemed to be that it wasn't a judgement call on a play, but a call on a rule that was in error).