WIU vs South Dakota State (10/28/17)

sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:49 am Anyone know what hotel(s) teams stay at when they stay in the Quad Cities?
When they stay in Peoria, I am pretty sure most stay at that "Haunted" Pere Marquette Marriott, the one that Al Capone made famous. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
LocalYokelFan

Uh oh. #NotVeryGood check that... #WeMightKindaSuck
WIU11DC

just wow... I just don't even known what to say.
Neckerchief

McShane had a standout performance. I'm afraid I can't say a whole lot more.
wiu712

It was a very disappointing day.

For a game between two ranked teams, there was not much excitement in the air. Tailgating was rather subdued. The Marching Band has stopped doing their usual performance one hour before the game. And the Band was quiet for a large part of the game.

Attendance was 2,247.

South Dakota State had 31 first downs. We had 16.

South Dakota State had 579 total offensive yards. We had 285.

13 Western penalties.

Have to wonder why we let the clock run out at the end of the first half when we still had two timeouts left ???
Lakesbison

2247 fans? good god
rocki

Lakesbison wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:57 pm 2247 fans? good god
We don't play in a dome. ;)
sealhall74

I dont think anyone would dispute that more fans in the stands correlates to better performance on the field for the home team, in general. But I am also seeing another psychological factor come into play here, call it "After Big Road Game Letdown" or whatever. Think back two years ago. We go over to Normal with a good record in place, ears pinned back, play a good first half in front of a very good homecoming crowd only to watch it slip away in the second half. The following week, we return home to a complete DUD of a crowd on a chilly, rainy? day to square off against the Penguins. In that game, we looked completely flat and also under-performed. I saw the clip of the guys leaving Western Hall en masse for the Leatherneck Walk. I was thinking to myself that some of them did not really look that enthused and I am sure that by the time they got to Q Lot, they looked even less enthused if there was not much happening there.

If history repeats itself exactly as it did two years ago, we will have one more "ugly" game next week (two years ago it was the drubbing in Fargo) followed by 2 nail-biter wins and a trip to the playoffs. So all is not lost, IF ...
Embrace the pace of the race.
Lakesbison

I'm not making fun im surprised western had a good team this year (compared to past teams) !!
Neckfansince71

I shot of "Bison" with a chaser of "Jack Rabbits" is bound to give any team a hangover. Charlie in the pregame was talking about keeping people rested and you gotta think that right now we are not. I like our chances in each of the next 3. Will be in Bloomington/Normal for the 100th game. Rest up, get some pressure on the passer, and lets get 3 in a row! ;) jc