Greatest Quarterback of all time

letsgonecks

If McGuire finishes strong and has another solid year next year, he has a chance at my top spot.

Michna's two years were very good and he sits at #1 for me.

Barr's senior year was the best we've ever had. His ability to make plays with his feet and the talent at WR and RB made that offense so explosive and fun to watch. Wish it wouldn't have been blizzard conditions against the talented run first App State. Guess you could say the same for Michna's last game as well against Colgate.

If Barr could have avoided injury junior year and had decent numbers, he would have taken my top spot.

Had a lot of talented guys through the years, but think these 3 might stand alone.
Western_101

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:21 am Redneck, did you mean Sean McGuire for #1? Steve Mcshane is a solid RB, but I wouldn't call him the best QB in WIU history Image

I'd also think that Jeff Hecklinski would be in the conversation too. Not huge numbers, but very efficient and we were pretty successful when he was qb too.

My personal view is that Barr had probably the best single season of any qb, but Michna was a little better overall across his career. McGuire is getting pretty close to those guys, but I'd prefer to wait until he's done with his career to see if he's the best we've ever had...so we can really decide if he's really good but with phenomenal recievers or if he really is the GOAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait!? McShane isn't taking the snaps? LOL. I'm a dumbass. Hey Doug flutie had success and I love his Dr. Pepper comercials and he is pretty short, but, yeah, forgive me I was intending to put Sean at the top of my list.
Western_101

I was at Western for the '95-'97 seasons. Quarterback play wasn't memorable to me. Well neither were a lot of things, (Thank you West Pierce and Sigma Chi).

Does anyone remember who was taking snaps during Walter Payton's career (that wasn't named Jim McMahon)?

I guess I was kinda swept up back in the day with the Aaron Stecker phenomenon.

I would like to hear the Nations' opinion on who were the best running backs of all time. I bet the #1 spot would be a unanimous consensus.
Last edited by Western_101 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Western_101

Woeful Coastal Carolina, with their revolving doors of inept quarterbacks trotted out a 5'9" fella.

Hard to imagine anybody 5'9" playing D-I football in 2017.
Western_101

Always known for wearing out my welcome.

I was not an advocate of Charlie Fischer going with McGuire over Norvell. Norvell was easily one of the top 3 or 4 QBs in the MVFC when he got injured. I have admired Trenton greatly, for all that he did, a new coach came in and he got thrown on the scrap heap. You know what, he took it in stride and stayed with the team. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to be a three year starter losing my job to a Sophomore in my last year.
Leatherneck177

Russ Michna. Great ability and a competitor. Only QB we have really had that could sit back there pick a defense apart and run a little when needed.
Western_101

How did the former standout from Conant High School not get NFL love??
He seemed like he had an NFL career in front of him.
Leatherneck177

I agree, I mean he was in the Rams camp and then the CFL. He was a lefty and maybe not quite mobile enough for NFL at the time?
Western_101

I enjoy the college game, but every league has "next level players".

Matt Barr is an aberration, in that one rarely sees talent like that just vanish from radar.

Then again who am I to know? People change. Football is not an easy enterprise.