WIU at Illinois State (11/4/17)

wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:50 pm Is Norris not playing today?
The radio guys said that Norris had an injury.

Western wins 31-14.

One point of concern has to be the penalties. 12 Western penalties for 105 yards. Illinois State had 5 penalties for 44 yards.

Attendance was posted as 13,192.

rocki

Agree that we need to cut way down on penalties, but imo the infraction on the sideline was bogus. (I didn't see it the first time, but watched the replay)
Western_101

Cool, now we are totally going to the Foster Farms bowl. or the Meineke Car Care Bowl. The World will soon know we exist.

Ooops, my mistake my FBS friends are awefull proud of 6 win season. I think all but 7 or 8 of these bowls are jokes.

National Championship. I can imagine what kind of convoluted one would have to make to discredit the FCS DIVISION I National Championship.
sealhall74

Acklin (arm) looked really beat up. We need both him and Norris to be 100% in about 3 weeks or so.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

McShane is the McShane of yesteryear. That's a compliment.

Odd question? is it better to watch good football all year even when the MFVC beats each other up and we end up with two less bids.

Or. is it better if we play an FBS two Marquee FCS teams and lower tier FCS. Every year beign 9-2 or 8-3.

I just wish FCS got more respect. I would love it if the whole league whent FBS, but WIU is hamstrung with IX.
wiu712

The Leathernecks close out their dominant second half performance to win the 100th meeting between Illinois State and Western Illinois!

FINAL SCORE 31-14.

Big second half carries Western Illinois past ISU.
From the Bloomington Pantagraph:
http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/colleg ... op-story-1

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:23 pm Agree that we need to cut way down on penalties, but imo the infraction on the sideline was bogus. (I didn't see it the first time, but watched the replay)
Happened right down from where I was sitting. It was bogus. Probably a solid 1/3 of the calls against us in the first half didn't happen, another 1/3 could have happened but I could also have seen them not being called, and the other 1/3 were valid. Not an exact count, but just estimated based on what I was seeing.

Seemed like in the second half, they stopped calling the first 1/3, and only called maybe half of the "borderline" ones.

We do seem to play a little "sloppy" at times...like...that very odd play where all the linemen lined up to the left of the center and we were flagged for...I think movement before the snap or something. Other times when our guys would obviously jump offsides and stuff. We do need to clean a few things up and "tighten up" a few of those "trick" plays before we roll them out again, so that our guys can pull them off without getting all confused.

Our seats were pretty much right on the North (video board side) 35-yard line, a bit over halfway up the home stands. Here's a shot across the field looking towards the Western section during pregame (it would fill up quite a bit more by early in the 1st).

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:28 pm Acklin (arm) looked really beat up. We need both him and Norris to be 100% in about 3 weeks or so.
If I remember correctly, Coach Fisher said a couple of weeks ago that Acklin was playing hurt (problem with his shoulder). Hopefully our next 2 games will be a little easier and we can get him some recuperation time. It was good to see that Clint is coming along nicely, though - having a lot of different people who can make plays are key is particularly important the longer into the schedule you go.
WIU2DC

Does anyone know why #16 (Halloway) was dressed but didn’t play on defense and Viti started at corner? Or have I️ missed that new change in the last few games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yoteforever

Congrats on a great win at Illinois State today. Very impressive come back. Keep it up