Brett Taylor

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Named top 3 for the Buchanan award. He'll join Andrew Ankrah from James Madison and Darius Jackson from Jacksonville State at the award ceremony on January 5th.

[tweet][/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
dustinthorn93

So I have a funny story about Brett from his freshman year of High School that I keep thinking about when I see this news...

Our first day of week practice (not 2-a-days, but Game Week practice) we are running sprints afterwards. Coach Herrington (Harvie Herrington WIU grad) was telling us everybody needed to hit the 20 yard gasser in like 10 seconds or something, and Brett said, "Coach, my tummy hurts!"

I have never seen Harvie laugh so hard in my life. He was like, "Tummy? You don't say tummy on the field son. You guys need to do it faster now!"

We all wanted to kill Brett, but after we saw him play in a game we were all ok with it haha. Just wanted to share that story with people haha
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

dustinthorn93 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:44 pmI have never seen Harvie laugh so hard in my life. He was like, "Tummy? You don't say tummy on the field son. You guys need to do it faster now!"
Ha...that's great. I can just see him saying that too. His daughter and mine were in the same preschool class together and were really good friends until they moved away.
dustinthorn93

I don't think I will ever forget the play when Brett jumped over the offensive line and tackled the running back and quarterback at the mesh point of a triple option against Rockridge. Such an amazing play.
vatusay

Side note: This world needs more Harvie Herringtons.
#ALLIN #YOLO
huskie

dustinthorn93 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:39 pm I don't think I will ever forget the play when Brett jumped over the offensive line and tackled the running back and quarterback at the mesh point of a triple option against Rockridge. Such an amazing play.
Here is the play.
dustinthorn93

huskie wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:26 am
dustinthorn93 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:39 pm I don't think I will ever forget the play when Brett jumped over the offensive line and tackled the running back and quarterback at the mesh point of a triple option against Rockridge. Such an amazing play.
Here is the play.
Seriously though, if you haven't watched this, do it now haha
dustinthorn93

vatusay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:50 am Side note: This world needs more Harvie Herringtons.
So true! I love watching his motivational videos on facebook. He gets me fired up for the day!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

[youtube][/youtube]

"What I have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you do not have the football, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you do, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will tackle you."
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Taylor has been named one of three AP All-American first team Linebackers.

Acklin was also named Second Team All-American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk