Hey TJK1985

GV Dad

We need to get some more activity on this Forum! Bust out those marketing skills and let's get the other recruits families posting! 8-)
tjk1985

Ha, I'll try! But after the Coach Fisher rumblings, we're not very happy at the moment...
GV Dad

tjk1985 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:40 am Ha, I'll try! But after the Coach Fisher rumblings, we're not very happy at the moment...
With you my friend. Praying it all works out for all the kids.
tjk1985

GV Dad wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:12 pm
tjk1985 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:40 am Ha, I'll try! But after the Coach Fisher rumblings, we're not very happy at the moment...
With you my friend. Praying it all works out for all the kids.
That's the main thing!!
Leatherneck57

Hi Gentlemen, my name is Brian Spotts...I played middle linebacker for the Leathernecks back in the late ‘70’s and head up our Football Alumni Association.

First...I want to welcome you to our Leatherneck family. Second...I’m looking forward to your kids contributing to our football rich tradition at Western Illinois. Me and my alumni brothers can’t wait to watch your kids play Saturdays!

I would ask that you keep patient until all of this is sorted out. Our AD Matt Tanney is good at what he does and will do the right thing. I’m not in your shoes but I can pretty much guarantee whatever happens your sons will be well taken care of. Whether Coach Fisher stays or not we have plenty of talent on the current staff to take over this program and keep the train rolling. We have a lot of talent and leadership with the guys on the team to fail.

Please remain positive and let the process take care of itself and let your boys know they made the right choice to become a Leatherneck!

I hope your families have a Merry Christmas!

Brian
“Once a Leatherneck...Always a Leatherneck”
GV Dad

Thanks Brian, your word are kind and encouraging. Tristan is still very excited to get to WIU and start working. I think the timing of all the rumors was just bad. I'm sure it will all work out as it is supposed too.

Look forward to meeting you on game day!!
Neckfansince71

Well said my "brother!" As you can see, we are all very very passionate about WIU! ;) jc
rocki

Nice to see you back, '57!!!!

Merry Christmas to all past, present, and future Leathernecks!!! May your holidays be filled with fun, family, friends, and all things good.
tjk1985

GV Dad wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:01 am Thanks Brian, your word are kind and encouraging. Tristan is still very excited to get to WIU and start working. I think the timing of all the rumors was just bad. I'm sure it will all work out as it is supposed too.

Look forward to meeting you on game day!!
^ This!

Only the timing was disappointing! Not thinking twice about any decisions made!!

Have a nice Christmas, all!!