Charlie Fisher

sealhall74

meganeck wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:24 am
vatusay wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:00 am Was Charlie's house put on the market back in June?
I thought it was pretty much confirmed he did and he claimed he was just wanting to down size.
He probably will be downsizing in Phoenix with the cost of living there.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

Everyone must be staying tight lipped, not seeing anything leaked early, thought maybe one of the Quincy sports guys might have a source to report something.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

[tweet][/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

Press conference will be streamed on Facebook Live. Facebook is blocked at my work, so won't be able to see it.

Scott is faster than me lol
leatherneckcountry

I’m here but I won’t let it out yet
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Coach Elliott is the new HC. I like this hire.
meganeck

I kinda figured it would be Elliott since it happened so fast. AJ would have been nice, but am happy with this hire. Hopefully most of the staff stays and this will make the recruits happy since they signed to play for Coach Fisher.
GV Dad

That is great news!!! I couldn't watch the video at work either. Did they say anything about the Assistants? And, I'm assuming the presser will be archived somewhere?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:16 am That is great news!!! I couldn't watch the video at work either. Did they say anything about the Assistants? And, I'm assuming the presser will be archived somewhere?
Hasn't mentioned anything about the assistants yet. Obviously sounds really excited and enthusiastic about taking over as HC. I would have to imagine that most of the assistants will stay, but we'll know for sure in the coming weeks. We'll see how things play out on the field, but I'm excited about the continuation of the program in the direction we've been headed as well as having a HC who is young (first time I've been older than the WIU head football coach), energetic, and committed to the program and the community. He specifically made a point to mention near the end that he is in this for the "long haul" here.

You can watch the replay of the video here whenever you have time:
rocki

Really, really liking this hire! Hoping the rest of the staff stays put, as well, as they have all seemed to connect with the players and get the best from them. I'm sure that would help ease the minds of our current (and yet to announce) recruits. It's a great day to be a Leatherneck!!!