Charlie Fisher

sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:00 pm Press conference tomorrow at 10
Tanney may have spilled the beans. Would you invite the community if you were not going to announce who the successor is going to be? I would not waste their time getting out in the cold otherwise.
Embrace the pace of the race.
LocalYokelFan

rocki wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:28 pm
Nobody said it has to do more with their success, just that they are more willing to have them stick around because they like them. Maybe I'm just not understanding the point of your post.
My point is exactly what you said. The underlying reason to promote a talented group assistants has nothing to do with anything other than whether or not posters on this forum find them "likable". Here's hoping AD Tanney has a bit more discerning selection process!
leatherneckcountry

I've been asked multiple times over the last couple years if WIU is considering dropping football does anyone see that as option.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:11 pm I've been asked multiple times over the last couple years if WIU is considering dropping football does anyone see that as option.
Zero. Again, you would not invite the community to that announcement for sure.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIUSuperFan

Well shoot. Fisher is gone (apparently). Is the whole assistant staff gone too then? Hopefully we find a good head coach. It seems to always be our luck that we lose our head coach when we make playoffs.
Devin Biggs
BS, Meteorology (2017)
Alumnus of Western Illinois University
Email: dm-biggs@wiu.edu
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:05 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:00 pm Press conference tomorrow at 10
Tanney may have spilled the beans. Would you invite the community if you were not going to announce who the successor is going to be? I would not waste their time getting out in the cold otherwise.
I agree I don't think they do this just to announce that Fisher is leaving. Inviting the community means you are announcing the new head coach, which means they are promoting someone currently on staff.
LeatherCy

Just received a text from friend in rural Macomb. He said the word on the street in Macomb as the new coach is currently a Rutgers Asst. That would have to be AJ Blazek. AJ is a great guy. We would be fortunate to get AJ. As most of you know he was the OL coach under Bob Nielson. Played two years at Iowa. AJ is from KS. Wife is from Iowa.
vatusay

Isn’t blazek making close to half a mil at rutgers?
#ALLIN #YOLO
vatusay

Quick google shows he is making $350,000 right now at an FBS school. Would be a home run hire if they could get him back to Macomb. Supremely talented recruiter. He is who you can thank for the dominant offensive line.

Didn’t think he was even a possibility. But definitely my number one choice if it’s an option.
#ALLIN #YOLO
leatherneckcountry

vatusay wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:59 pm Quick google shows he is making $350,000 right now at an FBS school. Would be a home run hire if they could get him back to Macomb. Supremely talented recruiter. He is who you can thank for the dominant offensive line.

Didn’t think he was even a possibility. But definitely my number one choice if it’s an option.
As much as i enjoyed AJ when he was here close to zero chance he's coming back.