Signing Day 2018

WIU2DC

And Garrett Sapp signed with Memphis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leatherneckcountry

Went to the gathering at sports corner sat with coach stockton the hole time he even bought us wings. Obviously he's really excited about the class no coach is ever going to say there disappointed with a class but it sounds like we got some really good kids he's really high on anderson kid.
GV Dad

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:00 pm Went to the gathering at sports corner sat with coach stockton the hole time he even bought us wings. Obviously he's really excited about the class no coach is ever going to say there disappointed with a class but it sounds like we got some really good kids he's really high on anderson kid.
How were the wings?
leatherneckcountry

GV Dad wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:15 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:00 pm Went to the gathering at sports corner sat with coach stockton the hole time he even bought us wings. Obviously he's really excited about the class no coach is ever going to say there disappointed with a class but it sounds like we got some really good kids he's really high on anderson kid.
How were the wings?
Best wings I've ever had typically I'm not a big fan of bone in wings.
vatusay

Losing mcshane sucks. Losing him to UNI is a punch in the gut.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Leatherneck57

vatusay wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:39 am Losing mcshane sucks. Losing him to UNI is a punch in the gut.
I would’t say that...we didn’t lose him to UNI...we chose not to sign him. This staff isn’t going to play games with kids. They have to want to be Leathernecks! The class we just signed is an outstanding class and the kids are super and they want to be at Western Illinois at represent our university on the football field!

Besides he weighs a buck fifty and I didn’t see him carrying the rock anyway with all the talent we have at RB. He’s pretty small and will most likely get frustrated at UNI and playing for that coaching staff!
leatherneckcountry

Leatherneck57 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:44 am
vatusay wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:39 am Losing mcshane sucks. Losing him to UNI is a punch in the gut.
I would’t say that...we didn’t lose him to UNI...we chose not to sign him. This staff isn’t going to play games with kids. They have to want to be Leathernecks! The class we just signed is an outstanding class and the kids are super and they want to be at Western Illinois at represent our university on the football field!

Besides he weighs a buck fifty and I didn’t see him carrying the rock anyway with all the talent we have at RB. He’s pretty small and will most likely get frustrated at UNI and playing for that coaching staff!
Like I said on the other post it would have been nice getting him but we are already pretty deep at RB he was the only guy that we put an offer out for as a RB. He doesn't fit as a typical UNI back they usually like big physical RB's
LocalYokelFan

I would’t say that...we didn’t lose him to UNI...we chose not to sign him.
Just so we're clear, did he have an offer from WIU at the time he signed with UNI? My understanding was that he did, if I'm wrong, that's fine. If I'm correct, your statement above is not truthful -- spinzone at best.
rocki

LocalYokelFan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:57 am
I would’t say that...we didn’t lose him to UNI...we chose not to sign him.
Just so we're clear, did he have an offer from WIU at the time he signed with UNI? My understanding was that he did, if I'm wrong, that's fine. If I'm correct, your statement above is not truthful -- spinzone at best.
My take would be "possibly spin, possibly not". We had an offer out to him, true, but for whatever reason he decided to re-open his recruitment. Maybe after that we didn't pursue him very hard? Maybe he wanted to play right away instead of red-shirting so we didn't chase him? I honestly don't know. However, I do know he was just a verbal commit - and for whatever reason he changed his mind. Maybe we were OK with that. If so, I don't see how we "lost" him.

Just another point of view.
GV Dad

http://www.examiner.net/sports/20180208 ... on-i-dream

Cool article about my son and other athletes at his school. A great example of the Character of Coach Elliott.